Field Turf?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by offshoretrash, Sep 24, 2007.

1. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

Why don't we have it? :confused:

With our team speed it would really make our home field advantage even stronger. On a dry field that USC game isn't even that close! We can still play smash mouth football in the mud but we would have been a lot better if the field conditions would have been good. Plus it helps on preventing injuries.

I am really looking foward to see what we look like in the dome! :geauxtige

2. AlxTgr

AlxTgr Founding Member

Because football was meant to be played outside on dirt, mud and grass.

2 people like this.
  3. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

A lot of players believe natural grass is the safest surface. I am glad we don't have any form of artificial turf.

4. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

The new stuff is not like the old crap! The turf is not causing injuries.

5. 2arms2legsTIGER

2arms2legsTIGER Founding Member

saturday was a little out of the norm for bad field conditions I think. Ever since the new drainage system was installed I think the field has played excellent even after pretty big down pours and it doesn't get ripped to shreds like it used to during a wet game. Saturday the tropical storm (or whatever it was) may have been a bit too much but overall I think our playing surface is about the best natural grass in the land and would NEVER want artificial turf. If we had the problem of grass in the winter like some Big10 schools I might consider changing my mind but we live in SE Louisiana. It would have been a true mess out there w/out the new field drainage. I can put up with the occasional "less than perfect" surface during a storm like that every now and again and keep the grass.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I say NO to artifical turf in Tiger Stadium.

7. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

Quoted for truth.

8. GetBackToWork

GetBackToWork Founding Member

Yes, let's put in artificial turf. And while we're at it, push the stands farther from the field (maybe install a track), use temporary bleachers to fill the gaps, switch to an 11:00 AM kickoff, and move the student section to the upper deck.

9. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

My son's football team got to play a football game at Texas Stadium yesterday and I have to say that the new field turf if really cool. I can see why dome teams are switching to it. 5 million times better than the old Astroturf.

BUT, not for Tiger Staduim. It just would seem right to have a moonsoon coming down and not see any mud....

:geauxtige :geauxtige
    :geauxtige :geauxtige

10. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Long live natural turf in Tiger Stadium. Mike VI prefers it as well or he would have it in his Habitat.