Fight On Coach!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly until you do it well" - Zig Ziegler

Take a deep breath and relax for a moment. Try not to react too violently to that concept.
    Everything is a process and a progression. Very few people step into greatness. It is forged. That process involves failure and the ability to properly respond to failure. Greatness is fueled by commitment to a goal and a spirit that refuses to quit. You have to possess the strength to stand in the fire and work your way out.

Is there any question about Orgeron's heart? Any questions about his love of LSU and his home state? Any question that this is important to him? So then we've answered one part of this equation: commitment.

The other part of this equation is how Orgeron is going to respond to the failures along the way. Is he going to draw upon the lessons afforded him by his journey to Baton Rouge? Is he going to apply what he is learning each day? Is he going to make the right adjustments, push the right buttons and lead this team forward? I believe he can. I have no doubt that the man that gets up and prays above Tiger Stadium, grateful for his opportunities is going to give this everything he's got. The article below from ESPN presents a pretty good assessment of the obstacles to Orgeron's success and what he will need to do in order to break the ties to his time at Ole Miss and establish himself as The Coach at LSU. Orgeron will need to build this program on a foundation with more depth, more longevity than a motivational speech. He will have to establish his identity and create a team built on solid principles. Players, coaches, and established approaches that deliver consistent results over time.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/130465/ed-orgeron-cant-shake-the-interim-mindset-at-lsu

This process takes time and it requires patience. I get that there are a bunch of fans who are ready to pronounce Ed Orgeron DOA. But maybe we can give this guy a bit of a break. I've never seen such an about face by a fan base and that's a shame. Then to make it even more fun for Orgeron, his AD basically comes in and neuters him in front of his coordinators. When I first heard of the meetings last week I was encouraged that they were all rolling up their sleeves and getting down to fixing things. Had no idea that Alleva basically told Aranda and Canada that they were to run their teams and O was to be the HC and let them do their thing ... in front of his coaches. Bad form. You just don't do that kind of thing. I understand the sense of urgency and the desire to put things on the right track. Have a 1:1 with your HC behind closed doors. Express your concerns and let your Coach run his program. Let him deliver the message and the direction to his team. Or you can tell him to get the hell out of your office.

It's been well documented that one of Miles' issues was his refusal to change. He also refused to cave in to his AD. Basically not allowing him to intervene into his program. Now that O is in place, Alleva apparently feels like he can run the football program.

And Orgeron will allow this to happen because he is living his dream. He is saying the right things and following what Alleva wants to do because it's important to him. For me, it makes me even more committed in my support of Coach O. Nothing would be more satisfying than for this man to hold his head high, charge forward in the face of all the shit he has faced and emerge victorious on many levels. Get Alleva and all the nay sayers off his back. I would challenge anyone to find a human being on this planet that wants this more than O.

Today is just another step along the path.

So here's to you Coach
    Fight like a Tiger!!

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Head coach at LSU is the most high profile job in the state of Louisiana. At times it seems like Oeaux is trying to act the role of what he thinks the coach should act like. The best thing he could do is to apply whatever he has learned from his past mistakes but to also go back to being himself. Break a few headsets. Yell at players when they screw up. Hug players and pat them on their butts when they make a great play.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

You want to see a little Yaw Yaw; I get it.

ROY_LA_CA, GregLSU and Bengal B like this.
  4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I love LSU too, in fact i'd coach the team for $250K/yr. I want LSU to be as successful as possible, win the Natty every year. Unfortunately I am no where near qualified, as apparently he is not either.

stevescookin likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'd do it for $200K. And I'm qualified. I have been watching college and pro football all my life.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I'm qualified too. My game planning skills would revolve around me telling Aranda and Canada, "The kickoff is at 2:30, y'all be ready by then."

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think that those of us who aren't sold on Orgeron get a bad rap. Every one of us from Tirk to Nutch want to see Orgeron succeed. What Coon ass wouldn't want to see another coon ass take LSU to the promise land? That is sacred. We want O to succeed, we just don't have much faith. I hope he proves us wrong.

GregLSU, kcal and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

I think most of us just keep urging to give this guy some time. I said it before if we keep improving, get healthy, some additional bodies in the next year or two we will be a dangerous team. Also I appreciate everything Etling has done and is doing especially tonight but he isn’t the future and I am glad to see that Brennan has gotten some experienced. If he can get the game management that Etling has he will be dangerous as well. I like what I am seeing we are moveing in the right direction.

ParadiseiNC, Bengal B and didit like this.
  9. didit

didit Veteran Member

yep... and stop judging him by his ole piss days too... i've been willing to give him a chance to get some bodies in that he's recruited for his team...

ParadiseiNC and Rouxleaux like this.
  10. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Also just to point this out we still have a better record than some other guy in Florida that we were trying to get to coach.

ehusson80 and lsu-i-like like this.