Final Four Match-ups (and beyond)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COramprat, Mar 28, 2006.

1. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

As far as LSU and UCLA I'd have to think we have the advantage. The chemistry of this team is awesome. Even though there is pressure it looks like they are having fun too. Keeping things light helps a ton. Watching UCLA the other night they seem to be closely matched in talent but just on different levels. Good backcourt compared with our good frontcourt. Defense will be the key.

Florida is the dominant team on the other side but how can you count out George Mason? They have proved they belong by staying with teams they were supposedly overmatched and pulled out the wins. Those guards are amazing...they don't seem to get rattled and thrive on pressure. For Florida to win they will have to be relentless on defense.

I have to say I like an LSU/Florida match-up but I bet the CBS and the media would prefer an LSU/George Mason final. The feel good story vs. the Cinderella. Makes for good TV...

I pray for a win against UCLA so we get another crack at Florida...:bball: :geauxtige

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I just hope this LSU team doesn't feel like the Final Four is an end in itself, and now that we're getting so much respect - I hope we stay "oungray" (aka hungry).

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

The FF has kind of been the goal it seems for some teams. At least as far as the popularity of the tourney is concerned. "All roads lead to the Final Four"...and all. But the next step would be to win it all. A National Championship banner would look great right next to a Final Four one...in fact we could use FOUR new banners in the PMAC.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I don't see this team being satisfied making it to the final 4. I do see strong competition from UCLA, but I like our chances.

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

The Ladies get to beat Duke too....