Final Four...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JVincent25, Apr 3, 2004.

1. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

...Definetly looking forward to another GT-UConn matchup, but did anyone else think that Duke got robbed? I'm biased, I grew up in NC and always enjoyed following Duke, but it seemed like Redick got hacked. And I thought the refs fouled out Williams and Randolph with cheap fouls, but the refs wouldn't call anything on Okafor. Just wondering if I'm the only one who felt this way.

I hope Tech wins it all, I really like Paul Hewitt and the Yellow Jackets are exciting to watch.

GEAUX TECH!

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Duke has never been robbed by the NCAA. They are the NCAA's baby. Any other program would have had to forfeit all their games in which Maggette took place in, and have other punishment taken out on them, such as scholarship reductions, or atleast reductions in the number of visits. Not Duke! Ahhh!!!! I'm so glad that Duke lost!

3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Goodnight Dukies!!!

Goodnight Chris Duhon!!!

I won't miss ya!!!

Looking forward to a GREAT FINAL.

4. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I wish lsu was in it. Go G-Tec woo. :(

5. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Show me a team that has to give up games because an AAU coach, not a University booster, gave a player money. Hasn't happened yet to my knowledge. Duke shouldn't of been punished for that and neither should Maggette. I don't think there is anything wrong with an AAU coach helping out one of his players, thats his and Maggette's choice, not Duke's. Plus, $2,000? This isn't that big of a deal, people like you just want to make it into one because you despise Duke.

6. DDTigerFan

The fact of the matter is Maggette was ineligible his whole time at Duke. You should have to forfeit games if using an ineligible player. The NCAA is in love with Duke.

7. DDTigerFan

Plus $2,000 is a big deal. Until he is a professional athlete, he is to receive no special treatment or money from anybody because of his athletic ability. And how you can say Maggette should not have been punished is beyond me! He knowingly did something ILLEGAL. He should be punished!