Finally back from game, etc.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerFan90, Jan 25, 2004.

1. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Yeah, I am real late. Long story, but I am finally back from the game. It was simply amazing. I was really fortunate to be able to go. The entire weekend was a blast, essentially a non-stop party. On game day, we started the day Uptown the morning of the game and worked our way downtown along St. Charles hitting one bar after another. Met some really interesting people along the way. Like short stories in a famous book. Each bar represented a different chapter up to game time in the Dome. Met some cool OU fans as well as some duds. All in all, it was an extraordinary day.

I have had the opportunity to wear my one and only LSU NC shirt that I bought immediately after the game throughout the So.Cal. area. You know who cared? No one. It's hard to find any fans of anything out here unless you congregate in a designated spot such as a stadium, college campus, or a bar. I couldn't get a rise out of anyone within the general public. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't looking for trouble, but it is hard being a Tiger in Pac-10 country, especially when the locals think their team won and your team doesn't mean anything. :(

I finally watched the game tape tonight (I've been traveling so much, I haven't had time), and I realized that I must have been pretty buzzed much of the game. I remembered the stuff after it happened. Couldn't remember what would happen next while watching the tape other than the early fumble and the game ending sack. Saw some things that I just didn't see at the game. All that beer and hanging out with all those LSU guys just had me in a different world there. It was incredible.

But what I night. Simply awesome. I was able to take some pics at the game. Maybe I'll attach a few later.

Wanted to thank everyone here for making this a great board. I really relied on this place for info and news leading up to the game. Now I need to go back and read some of the threads from the aftermath. :cool:

:geaux:

2. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

good luck and have fun. theres only about a thousand of them..... :)

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Just got back from the game? I've heard of some faithful, but damn man you take the cake!! Just kidding...Glad you had fun.

4. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Yeah, it was one of these things where I was fortunate enough to squeeze in a trip to N.O. to catch the game in between some other trips I had l lined up. This is the first chance I have had to just sit, chill, and digest the victory. Kind of sad, huh? Anyway, I am glad to be back. I just read the 1/5/04 Times-Picayune YESTERDAY. I have been carrying it around for about 2.5 weeks in my luggage, but hadn't read it. :(

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Welcome back to the left coast, TF90.

Am extremely jealous that you went back to the game...smirk...

I have been wearing my NC shirt my brother sent me with the same lack of effect here in the Bay Area...

PAC-10 fans are basically weenies.

Cal games are exciting at times, but Stanford FB games are like a Sunday school class. They get hyped for BB, but when you play in a 7,500 seat arena that is half students, it's bound to get loud...

I miss the passion of the SEC...and SEC fans...

6. Geauxld Member

Geauxld Member Founding Member

Please post your pics!

I went to the game too and pictures captured the whole experience alot better.