Fire Alan Dunn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Feb 22, 2019.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Im sure squatting as a catcher bends and contorts the knee and theres a limited amount of wear and tear on any joint. That's just shit we heard on pitching and repeat over and over. Throwing more is probably best for most everyone if not extreme. That's just from gut anecdotal feeling over the years following the sport. Ive played and coached but not on this level and was long ago. Theres a limit to any physical body part but using it less atrophy is not a better option.

2. tirk

They get paid to tweak your natural motion. Changing it completely usually leads to worse results in any sport. Repeating delivery is really what they do that we know helps results.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

like i said, i think everyone has a number.

not everyone throws their full allotment. some walk away from the game before ever getting that far (whether big leagues or free beer league softball).
    others hit that number early and it ends their career.

but it today’s chicken shit society, every time someone’s arm gets tired, they take a month off.

as recent as a decade ago, they would have just said “today just wasn’t his day”. he would have made his next scheduled appearance and nobody would have ever noticed.

tirk and Bengal B like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Where is this free beer league softball? Sign me up. I thought you had to pay for it.

furduknfish likes this.
  5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

we had a sponsor that covered entry fees and jerseys. so for us players, it was free.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Big difference between a kid throwing a few rocks and a teenager throwing a baseball 60-80 times with all his might. Point being, its not just the motion, its the repetitive nature and the force put into repeating the motion.

tirk likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Of course. The teenager is using a pitching motion that is not as National to the body as simple throwing. In football the QB is throwing rather than pitching so even a Favre or an Elway who threw had won't Devin arm, shoulder or elbow problems unless it's caused by contact.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

My kid was on the bump last night. Between his team letting him down defensively and he not pitching well he got himself into quite a jam.

The coached asked if he should go get him, (probably 50 pitches in and no outs)

I said hell no don't go get him. We are only down 1 at this point, make his little ass throw strikes that is what he is out bc there to do.

Ended up down 3 by the time he worked it out but it builds character.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

you mean the Elway that had a couple different shoulder surgeries during his career.

neither stemming from contact injuries, but rather the wear and tear of the tendons in the joint itself.

10. tirk

Brody Miller
    @BrodyAMiller
    #LSU catcher Brock Mathis and pitcher Will Ripoll have entered the NCAA transfer portal, sources tell The Times-Picayune.

Props to Mathis for catching 100 ganes in a row but was something like 10 of 74 throwing runners out last i remember before garza was finally ready. Ripoll had potential.