Fire Alan Dunn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Feb 22, 2019.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont know what to tell you other than CPM has the best track record in the country with producing consistent teams that compete at a high level.

We aren't talking about the Ed Orgeron of college baseball here...

Further, as @tirk mentioned, Skip thinks highly of our staff and pitchers. I would give it some time.

KyleK likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Oh also, we won it all with an ERA 4.04 in 2009. I have seen us waste a team ERA of 2.60 for the year with no ability at the plate to get runs.

Baseball is slow and fun. Try to enjoy it. No need for a week 2 melt.

GiantDuckFan and Winston1 like this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

You...

Continue to conflict a team effort with the topic which is, the pitching coach and his abilities to prepare his pitching talent for the juggernaut of SEC baseball. I have no doubt the team as a whole can be competitive and will land us in a wealthy position come regional time. But it has been proven time and again, championships are won with elite pitching performances from its entire lineup. Look at Florida who has never really been all that dominant at the plate, but their pitching staff keeps them in the conversation every single year. Give us half their pitching performance coupled with our pretty consistent offense and we dominate the stage in many years where we were just close enough.

All I am saying here, and you should draw a circle around just that, is that Alan Dunn is far from the perception that he is a great pitching coach considering the talent we bring into the stables, year in and year out.

And we should have won it all 2 years ago had it not been for pitching. Period. This is not a melt at all and blow me for even suggesting as such. Alan Dunn sucks as a pitching coach for as long as he has been here and the team results do not support the claim that things are all good with this team. We can do way better at developing out pitchers, so as long as it ain't under Alan Dunn.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think though you are leaving out factors that are beyond the coaches control. We got hit with an injury bug and it wasn't because of being over worked or poor coaching.

Further, Vandy and UF have had better pitching recruitment. UF has had a pitcher selected in the 1st round since 2016. They have quite literally hit home runs in recruiting.

Let me ask you. What 1st round pitcher is on our roster?

CPM went after some big dudes that ended up not singing or were projects because of injuries. Some like Labas, Storz, Hilliard are still hurt.

Uh no. Pitching drug our ass to Oeauxmaha in 2017. The Walker injury did us in. Gilbert, Gilbert of all pitchers played out of his mind to seal us in for the final series vs UF.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  5. CajunlostinCali

In all that, you just made my point. If UF and Vandy can recruit at such a high level, certainly so should we. You seem content with just getting by with our pitching staff and that's fine, but I refuse to accept mediocre when we could do so much better on the mound after seeing a decade under this coach.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I'll just say this is baseball. Not Football. Much has changed since Skip retired.

Further, we had the #1 class last year no?

7. CajunlostinCali

We did and the majority of the class were pitchers. Pitchers that in great part, made them the #1 class. How much of that pays off, we'll see at the end of the season.

I was done with Dunn after Lange's Sophmore season. As a freshman, he pitched a freakish 1.97 era season. I still jerk off thinking about that season, his breaking ball and the potential. Off-season comes around and Dunn focuses on improving, IMPROVING his command. Pitches a 3.79 era and looks frustrated the entire season. I thought we broke him. Bounces back after that off-season by doing workouts with his HS coach following summer ball to get his form back. Finished his Junior season with a 2.97 and 150 K's. Just an example of what could possibly go wrong if you try to fix what ain't really broke.

I cannot say I hate Dunn, really, he is a good coach. But you gotta look at a top tier program like LSU and it is easy to say, we can do much better.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Have you tried the new Sexbots? They are all the craze in Japan!

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Nice shot at Oeaux can't help yourself I guess. Well CPM is no Skip Bertman

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

And Ed is no Les Miles.