Fire Alan Dunn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Feb 22, 2019.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It means 2 balls so we understand why you wouldn’t.

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Now that the season is over, a fair assessment would be in order?

In spite of the injuries to the pen, some bright spots prevailed. No way looking at the middle of the SEC schedule did anyone think hosting a regional would be possible, yet we backed into the opportunity and were properly swept. You cannot put that all on Paul where all he could do is play the cards he was dealt.

Seriously, for a program with a national brand like LSU, there is no way we should be dealing with the vast amount of injuries we deal with on an annual basis. Not that many other teams don't, but LSU seems to have a consistent cancer of talent for throwing balls. Recruiting evaluations bring us promise, but soon after, broken dreams. Don't know the real answer, but it clearly is not Alan Dunn and if Paul continues to carry this dead weight, he doesn't look any better for it.

I still want him gone as of months ago, but that's just me.

You?

LSUTiga, lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  3. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

This is the same as hiring CEO and all the bitching that went with him... who you gonna get that is better?

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I recently heard an interview with Kurt Ainsworth. He is now with Marruci Bats and deals with lots of high school coaches and players. He puts the blame for pitchers injuries on high school coaches who misuse and overwork their pitchers, especially the good ones. A lot of them have developed problems that don't manifest themselves until the player moves up to the next level. He said that while LSU fans follow the Tigers closer and know all about our guys most don't closely follow other programs even in the SEC that may be having the same problems. He pointed out that South Carolina's once promising staff was decimated by injuries this season.

In not defending Dunn. Just passing on some info I heard.

watson1880 likes this.
  5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

whoever is responsible for having ZERO left handed arms available this season needs to be raked over the coals.
    that is a joke to me.

how is that every other team in the entire country (including high school and little leagues) can all find at least one fucking lefty, but LSU can’t.

also don’t know if Dunn actually called the exact same pitch at the exact same speed in the exact same location 8 times in a row to that dude Saturday night, but holy hell that was stupid.

i mean i think even most of us would square one up if we saw it that many times in a row.
    We just wouldn’t hit it 390 feet (and if you can hit that far please walk on to the team next year).

kcal, Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Absolutely, a kid that Hayden played with last year can bring it pretty good, dad and coaches both have him throwing all sorts of junk. I can't get on board with it. We played them this year and I told them just be patient, he will throw a ton of curve balls but he can't throw them for a strike so just let him go.

Oh and yeah, fire Dunn

Bengal B likes this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Alleva is gone, so we’re better off there. Baseball isn’t good enough. Period. Mainieri is a good coach, I’m sure ND would take him back. I’m ready.

Richdog and shane0911 like this.
  8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I feel it is best to discuss whether he is a valued asset to be honest. I have never coached above 10 and under, so I am far from qualified to suggest who a suitable replacement would be. All I can say is Dunn has done a poor job over the last couple of seasons to suggest he is worth keeping.

To bengalB's point, I have stated other programs have similar problems, but then there are many well branded programs who can barely entertain the injury nightmares we have seen with our arms.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I agree, the whole "who are you going to get" thing is a cop out. There are plenty of coaches that would be more than suitable and I'm sure Scott can find them.

Richdog likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Red and his ilk of Miles supporters kept asked that same question. Some people might not like Oeaux but he has the Tigers on the right track.

shane0911 likes this.