FIRE LES MILES NOW!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Oct 9, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah that one was bizarre.

Urban Meyer still doesn't know what hit him.

2. Jackson

Jackson Tiger in NC

Absolutely agree with you. The terribly conservative calls early in the 4th quarter almost cost us. And I do believe Jarrett Lee should be the starter and play more than JJ. The kid seems to have come a long way from a couple of years ago. He has pulled us out of the fire the last two weeks with game winning drives.
    Geaux Tigers !!!

3. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

He connected on 9-11 for 124 yards. That's some sick completion percentage against a very good defense! And he didn't throw a pick against the defense that has picked off the most balls in the SEC. He may just have become an SEC-caliber QB after his time on the bench.

That said, I like JJ in to run the ball...and he apparently can throw well enough to put it in the defense's head. It's a two-headed monster that might clear the way to atlanta!

4. FLTiger

FLTiger Founding Member

Something to think about

Miles let more than 30 seconds run off of the clock between the the 3rd down and when he called the timeout, which was our last one. If he plans to call the fake or go for it on 4th down, and he was going to call the timeout anyway, then he should have called it with 1:15 left on the clock right after 3rd down. That way if he makes the 1st down he would have 3-4 more plays to work with before time expires.

We won the game, but he clearly mismanaged the clock again.

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Anyone who agrees with the fake field goal call either wasn't watching the game or doesn't know football. You need 3 yards. You have a qb in who is 8 for 9. Instead you get put your fate in the hands of a punter with an over the head fake toss. This is fine mid-game agains USCe. This is not o.k. when its all on the line against UFA. A hair to the left and that ball bounces differently and its over. Dumb call. Dumb previous 3 calls running the ball up hte middle with time running out.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

yep. won't argue with outcome, but clock mismanagement continues!

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

yep.

8. Bama My Heart

Bama My Heart Founding Member

I know. I caught myself pulling for LSU, because I can't stand Urban Myers. I finally dawned on me that I should want LSU to lose, because you are in the West, but I just couldn't help pull for a Coach that has that much confidence in his players. People can say what they want to about your coach, but the players love him, and are willing to fight till the end for him. I can't pull for you against Bama of course, but I think LSU has become my second favorite team. He'd give me a heart attack every week, but one thing about it, it certainly wouldn't be a dull game.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

"Great deeds are usually wrought at great risks." -- Herodotus

10. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Dear Bama Fan and no doubt, all around good guy. I know you meant that sincerely, but as one of your own, let me just say, around here, that makes you a "sunshine pumper," not a term of endearment with the "negaTigers," yes even after a huge win in the swamp. That still makes you at least half right, but you posted in the wrong camp and could run the risk of severe rage, total indifference, or someone could question your genealogical linage.

Nice post though, I feel the same way and look at this group as brothers from a different mother. And believe me, deep, deep ,deep, I mean journey to the center of the earth deep, down, they feel the same way about you.
    Roll Tide!