FIRE LES MILES NOW!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Oct 9, 2010.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

we were certainly going nuts when we got 2 plays i think from 2:10 to 1:15 then ran it down before calling the timeout. while not even in fg range.

just bizarre all around.

who are we to question the chosen one.

i give up.

at least for this week.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It's definitely a dumb call. And Florida not being fooled by it makes it all the more dumb to call it.

Divine intervention entered in again and we made the first down.

But from the 31 yard line in after the fake, we looked like geniuses.

It's as if we stunned the Florida DC with the Dumb Gun, and that led the way to scoring the TD. Just like last week

3. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Fake plays ie field goals, punts, etc, are stupid by nature because they are so risky. Sean Peyton calling the onside kick to start the second half in the Super Bowl was stupid.....until it worked and then it became genius.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

not dumb because it worked. thats how these things are judged.

someone called the fake in our group but certainly wasnt me b/c i've never seen the team doing the fake call a timeout. the element of surprise is gone.

then les and his linemen were animated in discussion then after a minute of that, jasper goes and talks to helton for a bit.

just the opposite of how this usually goes down.

and from the only angle on the replay it looked at least parallel if not a half inch backwards.

wasnt overturning that but ive seen it done in auburn on more than one occasion. much worse than that.

5. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Did he? How much time did FL have after the score? Sometime trick plays work, unless your CLM, most of the time they don't. I liked the call.

6. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Amen from a sunshine pumper.

7. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

won't

I thought Miles never dropped a pass? Or fumbled? Or threw a int? Or missed a tackle?
    How did Miles win this game?

8. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

I don't think there was any clock mismanagement in letting it run down before the TO. As noted elsewhere by others, they had to sell the fake. Had they called TO earlier, it would have been obvious they weren't going to kick. Why would you call an early TO to kick a tying field goal?

You can argue that it wasn't worth running a fake, b/c you had to let that time run off the clock, though. I typically prefer letting the offense go for it on fourth, instead of running a trick play. They were in a really tough spot, but what would we be saying if the ball hadn't bounced right up to Jasper?

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Actually a lot of the same people who are saying "I told ya so" and "you can't get back on the bandwagon" were firing Gary Crowton last week.

Maybe someone should start a "You can't get back on the Gary Crowton bandwagon".

Obviously some fundamental things got changed this past week, and I believe unleashing Crowton and his playbook was one of them.

10. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

I agree with you concerning time mgmt. What would have happened if one of our receivers dropped a pass on 4th down? FL wins.