FIRE LES MILES NOW!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Attack Tiger, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

I was pretty happy with the playcalling, for the most part, although I still think Jefferson is playing a little too much. Two of his completions were tipped. One of them was actually tipped twice! He looked good running the ball, though.

Nice to see Tolliver involved. What a game that kid played. Welcome back!

Also, major major props to Jarrett Lee. That kid hung in there through some really difficult times. He must have been on cloud 9 after that game. So happy for him.

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

The fake field goal was not designed to get a first down...it was designed to get a Touchdown.

And the players as well as the coaching staff truly BELIEVED that they were going to score on that play, not just get a first down.

That's why I think the thirty seconds ran off the clock. It wasn't out of confusion, it was intentional...to not give Florida enough time left.

3. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

Oh, yeah, don't get me wrong. They were in a tough spot, and there were no great options. If they went for it and failed, I would have wondered if they should have kicked the field goal. But, I trust the offense more than the special teams to gain three yards. And, considering they had to waste a bunch of time to run the fake, it seems like running an offensive play makes more sense. They got really lucky, but you can't say either of the other options were better than 50/50.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Speedy, the play calling was ok in my opinion. 2 things I would have changed:
    1. Lee should have played more, and if you are going to play 2 quarterbacks, i'm not sure I am too fond of having whoever starts the drive, finish the drive. If the situation calls for it, like a 3rd and long, yank Jefferson and play Lee. The seem to yank Lee for Jefferson in the RedZone unless there is only time enough for pass plays. So why not use the same logic when we have 3rd and long?
    2. was either 17 out of 18 or 16 out 17 first down plays were run plays. That has to change a little bit.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yes, that's what Les said afterwards, that the fake was supposed to work in such a fashion that it resulted in a TD.

And in reality, if that Florida D-lineman doesn't break free from the line and make a great play to run down Jasper, he would have slipped through that crease all the way for a score most likely. Jasper appears to have good wheels for a kicker.

6. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I hope that was sarcasm

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

damn dude, we won. no game will be perfect. enjoy this win. may not happen again anytime soon.

this was one enjoyable game.

:D yeah dude they should have run it down to 3 secs and assume the kicker is going to run it in from 35 yards.

come on man. you cant assume thats going to happen no matter what.

but hey, it worked. you can expect nothing less from the nothing mad under this hat hatter. someone forgot to tell les no one means mad in an angry sense. mad as in cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I wondered that myself. I still do.