Fire Miles (10-3)! Hail Saban (11-2)!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 2, 2014.

1. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

That was in reference to 2009. I'm not pissing and moaning about not playing a lesser team. When you compare wins, Oklahoma State was better than Alabama. The most impressive thing about the Gump's regular season, was a loss to LSU. They got into the championship game, not based on merit. Instead they showed the potential to beat LSU and that was the match up ESPN wanted.

2. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Depends on definition of best, but if winning NC's is the definition then yes. No matter what definition Saban is one hell of a football coach even if I despise the little dwarf.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well, he did it at two different schools and effectively brought two different schools back to life.

SO far, no one else has done this.

4. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Slightly revisionist. LSU was already on its way to prominence when Nicky got here. Yes he definitely helped, but I'd say the school made him more than he made us. To be honest, same with Miles. However, Miles body of work at LSU is better than Nicky's body of work at LSU.

5. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Try to imagine how little we want to hear about the greatness of Nick Saban.

He didn't win his division or his conference or his bowl game.

TigerTap likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Saban still won the title here and still starting building a fence in our state.....

If it is debatable, then YOU tell me how has done more through their career.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You must be new to this conversation. Its clear you have read nothing.......

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

I'm saying Miles at LSU has been better by far than Saban at LSU.
    Did Saban learn that much in his short stint in the Pros that he is that much better than he was at LSU?
    Or is it more of a perfect storm of being at Bama (where pesky little things like rules and integrity don't matter), having favorable (hello SEC headquarters) schedules and "officiating", and a heavy heaping dose of luck has helped him seem like he's the second coming of Bear Bryant?

Contained Chaos, mctiger and didit like this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Look it is what it is. I wasn't talking about the two coaches while "just" at LSU. Miles is the best coach that LSU has EVER had.

Saban was good for LSU and then got better when he went to Bama IMO.

Anyway, I feel I have to repeat myself in saying, I wouldn't trade the two coaches.

10. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

Gerry DiNardo brought LSU back to life. Saban added the finishing touches. Alabama was far from dead...never mind, dead is subjective, depending upon expectations.