First Amendment and boobs

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Sep 15, 2017.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

[​IMG]
    husband of Finland's president, admiring Princess Mary of Denmark

2. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

She caught him too. I hate when that happens.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

you wanted her to catch you

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

How so? He didn't say he liked her boobs, he just said he likes boobs. There is nothing disrespectful about that! What if he had said the first amendment and oatmeal or unicorns or bacon? Sorry, that wasn't disrespectful.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I don't know any women who, in their professional element, wouldn't feel disrespected to have that sort of comment made. She was doing her job, treating him respectfully, and he comes up with a comment that basically defines a woman by a part of her body.

In the context of doing one's job, unless you are a model, dancer, or prostitute, conversation or communication around body parts should be avoided, particularly body parts that involve sex organs or mammary glands. And of course it was disrespectful to HER because I don't believe he would have made that comment had it been a male interviewer.

You ain't a woman, hoss....you haven't dealt with the same issues as I have, professionally. I'm not going all batshit here, I acknowledged that I laughed and I think he did it on purpose. Doesn't mean it wasn't disrespectful.

6. shane0911

Have you seen my signature?

Why wouldn't he say it to a man? I tell men all the time that i am a big fan of boobs. I tell you and anyone else. He didnt make any comment to HER or about HER it was a very generic comment and in no way should she or any other woman feel disrespected by it. Anyone that was has an issue far deeper than some clown making that statement. Glad you laughed. Its what you should have done.

GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Context. It was a professional setting. Telling your friends or me on an internet forum is not the same as what happened in this instance.

You say that to me while I am in a professional setting, we're going to have a problem.

I'm sure the dude here would say it to other men in a different setting. But he said it in that setting precisely because she was a female and he was trying to make a point.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Can't we just go back to a time when everybody didn't look for reasons to be offended? If he had said he liked her boobs it would have been inappropriate for TV but even then she is supposed to be a professional jouralist and media personality. There are far worse things to deal with in life than some guy's casual comment.

9. shane0911

Call Dr Phil. Bet he can help

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

By the way. I like boobs too.

shane0911 likes this.