First coach to get fired odds

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Aug 5, 2017.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

We can't afford to fire O because alleva. Im taking sumlin for sure. Who you got.

Jim Mora (UCLA): 9/1

Todd Graham (Arizona State): 15/1

Rich Rodriguez (Arizona): 15/1

Bret Bielema (Arkansas): 16/1

Gus Malzahn (Auburn): 17/1

Kevin Sumlin (Texas A&M): 18/1

Kliff Kingsbury (Texas Tech): 18/1

Lane Kiffin (FAU): 25/1

Butch Jones (Tennessee): 30/1

Brian Kelly (Notre Dame): 30/1

Steve Addazio (Boston College): 30/1

Mark Dantonio (Michigan State): 30/1

Dave Doeren (N.C. State): 35/1

Lovie Smith (Illinois): 35/1

Willie Taggart (Oregon): 35/1

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Figured Sumlin to be a heavier player, but what ev's. I hope we are the one that breaks the camels back.

GregLSU likes this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Rich rod went 3-9 1-8 last year. The pivotal 5th yr into his wildcat tenure. He's inconsistent af.

Butch Jones could be the legit payoff.

GregLSU likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's ludicrous to have first year coaches like Kiffin and Taggart on the list. I'll pick Brian Kelly for sure and take Sumlin in an exacta. For the trifecta i'll go with Kingsbury in a flip of the coin over RichRod. I expect for the Rocky Tops to be a bad football team so Butch Jones could be out. I'm thinking that Dantonio hasenohugh positive cred built up to survive one more year unless Sparty gets hit by a dumpster fire. Blubber Boy Bielema need to do more this season than break even and earn a trip to the Tidy Bowl.

I don't know anything about Addazio or Doeren and I don't know how Illinois did last year but I'm surprised to see Mora at the top of the list. I thought they were supposed to be at least respectable this year. Maybe our West Coast correspondent @uscvball can give us an update.

5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

tough pick,. Jim Mora, Todd Graham, Rich Rodriguez, Brian Kelly,.. I'm going with Rich Rodriguez

What's Willie doing on that list?.. he's more likely to be PAC12 Coach of the year.

Brian likes this.
  6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Butch Jones. They're expecting him to pull out an SEC title this year.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Keeping Lane Kiffin company. Kiffin is more likely to leave for another job that get fired and the only way Taggart loses his job is if Chip Kelly decides he wants to come back to Oregon. I don't see that happening but then again no NFL teams are beating on his door.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Does that mean that 7-5 and third in the SEC East won't satisfy the fanbase?

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I would have to put my stakes on one of these 3 SEC coaches, Bielema, Sumlin, or Jones.

aTm hasn't done anything since entering the SEC, add another loss to LSU and it may be his year to see the unemployment line. The rocky top fan base is getting tired of Jones, and if he doesn't produce this year he may be out as well, although we have seen how their revolving door coaching policy has worked out for them. Bielema at WPS State has one foot out the door as we speak, another disappointing season in the eyes of that fan base may see them looking for a new head coach. I don't think 6-6 or even 7-5 gets it done for him.

I don't know enough about the other teams to make a prediction on their coaches.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

For the most part I agree although with Kiffin's off the field shit, I imagine they've got leash control written in to the contract.

I hate to say it here but if 1st years are up, then Oeaux might should get a shot at the odds too.

Absolute winner there. Butch Jones to follow.

They were supposed to be respectable last year. Rosen is a head case. If he can't turn it around, Mora needs to go. He has an awful reputation and is pretty much an asshole. It's a make it or break it year. USC, Furd, Oregon...if they can't get past these teams it's back to the perennial bridesmaid barn for the bruins.

Brian and GiantDuckFan like this.