First coach to get fired odds

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Aug 5, 2017.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

My dark horse is Satan. Got $10 for my 10000:1 odds.

Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'll give you those odds for $1000 even knowing I could never pay if it happened. Think about it. That's 10 MILLION DOLLARS that I would pay you at the rate of $100 a month.

furduknfish and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Yep, 0% chance of Taggart being fired, (unless a major scandal strikes him down), he's more likely to be named PAC12 Coach of the year.
    USC high expectations, Washington high expectations, Stanford high expectations,.. Those coaches need to be almost perfect.

Oregon, coming off a horrible year, with a new coach and an all new staff,.. low/moderate expectations. If Taggart has the Ducks playing well, knocks off furd and/or the fuskies, makes it a battle for the pac-north crown,.. then yep, Coach T has a shot at PAC Coach of the year,.. certainly better than a 0% chance.

http://www.scout.com/Season/2018-Football/ScoutTeamRankings

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

The admins think he shit the bed last year but he may get this year but if he finishes 3rd in the east he gone. Matt Luke will be go e e d of year and Gus better hope that stidham or whatever his name is can be the 2nd coming

5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Living around A&M fans, I think Sumlin's days are numbered. He would have been gone before now if not for the ridiculous buyout extension they gave him after Manziel made him look so good.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

1c87b9ab70eb0e91bfad7364a7a21e39.jpg

Bengal B likes this.
  7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I don't know how Brian Kelly made it through last year, so I would imagine it's do or die for him.

Sumlin is on an extremely short leash with zero room for another late-season collapse.

Jones is yet another in a string of unsuccessful head coaching ventures since Fulmer was fired.

Kiffin is at a school no one cares about, so his job is probably safe--but he won't be there long. He's using it as a stepping stone (kinda like he did at Tennessee, which insulted the Vols mightily.)

Orgeron should be on an extremely short leash, but with our stupid athletic admin, who knows? However, remember that we fired Miles because he wasn't winning the West. Do we see O winning the West this year?

Pjoe likes this.
  8. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Where did you get those odds?

9. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Orgeron is safe this year. He's not on a short leash with a $12 mil buyout. He has at very least 2 years. Regardless of how the hiring went and what ppl think about O's coaching ability based on a job he held 10 years ago, they will not fire a head coach with a new OC installing a new system after 1 full season.

lsu-i-like, Richdog and Bengal B like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Miles was fired because he had steered the program into a downhill slide and was too stubborn to apply the brakes.