First coach to get fired odds

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Aug 5, 2017.

1. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

I'm gonna say Sumlin

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Sumlin and Kelly are neck and neck. If both last until the end of the season it's a push but aTm's record through the first 5 or 6 games will be better than Notre Dame's so Kelly is more likely to get the ax in midseason

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

My initial pick was Kelly when I saw the list but I thought he had a decent year last year but that was 2 yrs ago. Alright I'm taking Sumlin and Kelly as my 2 lame horses.

GregLSU likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

After a road opener at UCLA aTm has 5 consecutive home games. Only game 4 vs R Kansas might be difficult before getting the Sabanites at home on Oct. 7 followed by a road trip to the swamp. I ssee 5-0 before they crash and burn.

The Irish have their tough games spread through the season - Game 2 vs Georgia, game 4 @ Sparty, Game 7 vs USC. @ Thuh U in game 10 could be tough if Richt has the Canes on track in year 2 and Game 12 @ Stanford.

5. tirk

Upon further review:

Your OC was fired for a DUI, the WR coach was in the car with him.

The strength coach was suspended when a few players ended up in the hospital.

Then last month Darren Carrington was arrested after crashing his car into a McDonald's, while drunk.

I know you can't fire a black coach before 3 years now but he's well on his way if he doesn't win asap. One coed scandal and he's toast. Chip Kelly may be forced to work.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    GregLSU likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Don't you think they'll go for Les?

GiantDuckFan and furduknfish like this.
  7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Taggart warned everybody, he has a one strike policy,.. the OC was fired and the WR coach was shown the door too, Darren Carrington was the Ducks star receiver, he was dismissed from the team. The strength coach messed up, should've eased the players into the first week's workouts, the kids are fine now and all are still on the team,.. I think it highlighted the teams poor conditioning by the previous staff,..

Taggart got off to a rocky start, but we're loving him now. The fired coach's replacements are clear upgrades in my eyes. The Ducks have paid huge bucks to assemble a first rate staff, and they're recruiting like motherfuckers. Oregon went 4-8 last year, Vegas has set their over/under at eight,.. that sounds about right. The fanbase is energized and everybodie's excited as hell. I think Willie's gonna be great,.. we'll see in 26 days.

GregLSU, furduknfish and Pjoe like this.
  8. tirk

That's like a coke addict switching to a sugar free red bull. From chip Kelly to Les miles. Suicides in autzen would skyrocket.

9. tirk

He better win. That's a freaking laundry list of mistakes and a shit load of excuses already being made long before the first snap. His character or character assessment has to be questioned.

10. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

ha, you funny
    You're making too much of it, that all happened in December, nothing but good news since then. Except for Carrington,.. a good kid with NFL talent, but a fuckup, he's had at least four incidents, dumbass failed a drug test and missed the National Champs game. He's already earned his degree, so he's a grad transfer that effing Utah accepted,.. Carrington's gonna play against us in Autzen this October.

You're right Taggart needs to look good this year, and win 9 or 10 next year, Duck fans feel entitled.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017