first iron chef usa battle is coming up....who is watching?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by snorton938, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Thanks for the info martin.

I just learned the Giants are going to be at home starting Monday night. I'm excited. I'm going to get to watch Bonds play in person.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

awesome. i saw him last year at shea. they walked him in the first and we all booed. then he hit a homer in the third, and again in the eighth. he did not disappoint.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Too bad he dosen't play for the Yankees. With that short right field fence he might hit 80. Put him hitting 3rd or 4th in the Yankee batting order and they would have to pitch to him.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You may be right about that. I love trout and I love ice cream and I'm open to new tastes but the thought of me actually eating trout ice cream is sickening. I Sakai hadn't made the ice cream he may well have won. His presentation was the best I have ever seen. He should have relied on that and the taste of his other dishes instead of trying to get too cute.

On the other had if I had been a judge I might have picked flay just because he served trout with a crawfish topping, something that I have made myself.

5. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

you know if wolfgang wins tonite and there's an american sweep.....i wouldn't want to be the next u.s. chef competing in japan (ouch!).