First it was Gottfried and Grizzard...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by EastBankTiger, Nov 19, 2002.

1. EastBankTiger

EastBankTiger Founding Member

WHOA is me?

you're making this too easy. Bama hasn't been accused of negative recruiting, huh? That would be news to Spurrier, Fulmer, Tubby and most every other SEC coach. Oh, we have enjoyed our trips to T-town latel..in football, baseball - even basketball, where we've lost but have played well. Thanks for caring :)

2. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Re: Terry . . actually, you are wrong . .

3. Chalmette

Chalmette Freshman

LOL...great pic, tider!

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

5. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Terry explain this to me

when the opposing team's bus pulls in to Tiger Stadium to unload the team there is a barrage of State Troopers around the whole area. No fan is allowed anywhere around a 10 foot radius of the bus, which they have roped off. How did LSU fans manage to skip past the State Troopers and start doing that? Oh I forgot...you're one of those people that believes anything you hear. Use your brain and learn to be skeptical about things you hear that you can't believe, since you haven't figured that one out on your own.

6. chuck

chuck Founding Member

actually . .

if you have seen Terry post in the past . .he is the one who "creates" the things that everyone hears that are never true.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

OK, I'll play along...

Whoa! Caught me on one...but there isn't anything better than the "spelling police" on the Internet, is there? LMAO- at myself!

Let's just chalk that one up to being at work and trying to do to many things at one time, eh? That's about as funny as the 360 degree turnaround comment!!!!

DieHard, why do you think there is a barricade of State Troopers around the buses now? It's happened before. Whether it happened this year or not, I haven't a clue. I wasn't able to make it down to this season's match-up. Again, I was simply asking a few questions as to why this rivalry is becoming heated. All the situations I've posed have happened.

Chuck, you have no idea who I am. Period. I do not post anywhere using my real name, Terry. In fact, there are only two forums I post on. This one and my home site.

Please help me out on this one.... by using a reference of the Rivals.com staff do you care to expound a little more as to who? Is it Mark Murphy?

8. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Terry

There has never been a report of that to my knowledge. You know what that sounds like to me? A total urban legend. I bet a lot of rival schools have fans that have "rocked" the team bus at one time. I've been going to LSU games for a long, long, time and maybe in the 60's and 70's stuff like that happened, when security wasn't such a big ordeal. It's just highly unlikely that would happen b/c if you actually saw the way the busses pull in with the team and the amount of security that's there you would doubt it too, regardless of the "source" you got it from.

There's a certain fraternity on campus at LSU called the Dekes short for DKE. They used to be a rowdy bunch of New Orleans kids back in the day, and there's so many stories like that floating around about them too. It all has to do with somebody saying something that is totally nuts to make the story sound good. That's my point, hope I haven't lost you with the frat reference. Half, if not more than half, of what you hear about Tiger Stadium is not true. Not that we don't have a-hole fans, but trust me there's State Troopers positioned at just about every gate of the stadium for any little disturbance.

9. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

I will vouch for the fact that terry is not who Chuck thinks it is.
    :D

10. EastBankTiger

EastBankTiger Founding Member

The most popular urban legend...

about the Dekes is that they were the inspiration for the 1978 John Belushi movie ANIMAL HOUSE. My God - has it been nearly TWENTY - FIVE years since that came out?