First Mock Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengaleze, Jan 14, 2005.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I think Dwight Freeney has single-handedly gotten the NFL analysts gaaaa-gaaaa over smaller DE's. I doubt the real scouts have Pollack even close to that grade. Agreed about Spears potential...VERY high...

I suspect Benson will finally realize his biggest need is a lower payroll, so maybe look for a punter to come off the board in the first round...:rofl: That is, unless, there's a 3rd round graded DT he can reach for! :thumb:

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes he will be a very good player and played well this season. he had a sack from the tackle position last game. Nothing against his talent, just typical Saint's confusion. They had their entire sights set on DJ Williams out of Miami then boom, Denver, the pick right before them snags him which they never envisioned. Then panic set in and here we are.

why am I showing concern for the saints? I guess I cant control it when the draft is mentioned. Once regular season begins, I don't really care. If they ever become a winner Ill be back on the bandwagon somewhat.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I'll never forget the cry of NOOOOOO that my buddy let loose when Vilma and then DJ Williams were off the board. It was like somebody kicked his puppy...which I guess they basically did, after the year those two guys had.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

5. tirk

i guess im in the minority but i didnt think it was a stretch spears may go early 2nd though I think late first.

I dont think its that far-fetched. i guess pollack 6th and spears nowhere makes it ludicrous. don't take it personally, I'd hope he went 6th leaving the Spears types for a team or 2 i like. hell i hope greene goes first.

6. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Here is another puzzler, Caddlic Williams is #7 and Ronnie Brown at #25. IMO Brown is a better RB than Williams

7. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Why is Aaron Rogers picked before Leinart in both mock drafts? Am I missing something?

8. tirk

because he is better- stronger armed, more accurate, smarter so they think.

i think so too.

9. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Honestly, he flew under my radar with all of the Greene Leinart lovefests over the years....

10. tirk

hell, leinart wasnt even known til Palmer left after winning the heisman. He just came onto the scene during this recent SC run and his stock skyrocketed.

thats why i think he can fall pretty quickly as well with an average year.