First Mock Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengaleze, Jan 14, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Rodgers appears to have the better physical tools. Greene has a pretty weak arm for the NFL in a lot of people's opinions. I haven't heard what many people think about Leinart's.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

in between greene and rodgers. squarely in the middle I believe.

3. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

That seems to be the biggest debate right now for draft analysts/ football fans: Who would rather have on your team, Rodgers or Leinhart. Some people prefer Leinhart's accurace and understanding of the game while others prefer Rodger's sheer armstrength.

4. tirk

yeah i may be wrong about the accuracy part.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I just think Leinhart can be a left-handed Joe Montana. Not the quickest and not the strongest arm. But agile enough to elude the rush and smart enough not to throw it into coverage. I think he has all the intangibles to make him great in the NFL.

I can't say that about any of the other QBs in this year's draft.

6. tirk

its possible. for a guy to have the balls to come back tells me more than I knew about the kid. then again, caddi came back as did ronnie brown. qb's seem to have more chance to drop it seems since RB's basically run.

maybe leinart has all the intangibles though Palmer won it before him tells me its something of the system and not the player directly. we will see.

I'm still on alex smith to be the best.

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I must admit I wasn't all that impressed with Leinert before, but after the Orange Bowl? Wow, that kid threw every pass he could think of.

After the first couple of drives, I was convinced he was treating the game like his private workout in lieu of the NFL Combine. I guess now it just looks like he's trying to hold onto his job, and not let John David Booty take it from him! :rofl:

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I like the Smith guy too. He seems to have a lot of poise, a strong arm, had a lot of reads in that system, especially on running plays, and was fairly accurate although his receivers were wide open so it was hard to tell. To me the arm strength he had gives him an adge over the others as I saw a clip on him during the season where he threw some very good passes and displayed good ability on every type of throw.

I don't think Leinart is as much the product of a system but he is a product of Chow knowing his QB's strengths and weaknesses and using them to full advantage on many occasions. It wasn't like a TT or UH system where they simply confused the heck out of DB's with 6 receivers running routes and guys were wide open all of the time. And Chow teaches his QB's so well that they have a leg up when entering the NFL as far as knowing reads, progressions, etc. Maybe one of the reasons he did come back was because of what the scouts and personnel guys in the NFL told Carroll he needed to work on, like his speed and arm strength.

9. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I really never thought Greene had a media lovefest. Guy won the SEC Offensive POY as a sophmore....some should have been expected.