First Night of Football Ramblings.......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Aug 28, 2003.

1. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

LA Tech's kicker impressed the hell outta me

he hit one 52 yard field goal that would have easily gone 62 ...maybe up to 65

every kick-off was high and in the endzone with one sailing 15 yards past the back of the endzone

as far as Berlin is concerned i didn't think he did a horrible job...considering it was his first collegiate start he did well

Miami had 3 or so dropped passes and Berlin threw strikes most of the time...u could tell he was a little shaky tho

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Go back and read TexasTiger's post in this thread:

"I am sure his fans will say its his first start.

No he is a 4th year player with 2 years under the best QB coach in College football history, he has 11 TD passes and played in I believe 13 games as a Gator...."

You hit the nail on the head TT.

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Berlin started the bowl game the last year he was at Fla....I know that one for sure and he could have started more. He has played enough football to not be shook up in anyway. Now, I might give him some leeway b/c it was his first real game in 1 1/2 years.......but considering he was playing La Tech I don't think that's a very valid excuse.

Mark it down, he will get pulled against Florida next weekend.

4. LSUstudent

whether he had collegiate experience or not (i forgot he started the orange one year), i still didn't think he did a horrible job...in fact, he did better than crudup...IMHO

p.s. *disclaimer-not a racists remark* anyone see miami's kicker.....aint too often you see a black kicker, much less a left-footed black kicker

5. LSUstudent

btw, i hate evangel and i still think they have never produced a great college player to this day

just backing up berlin saying he wasn't horrible last night

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

No disclaimer needed. It's okay to call a black man a black man.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A few years ago the Miami Dolphins had a black left footed punter. I forget his first name but his last name was Roby. He was a pretty good punter and had the unusual style in tht his right foot would stay on the ground when he kicked, unlike most punters who get a tiny bit of hang time for their non kicking foot.

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Reggie Roby? Who went on to kick for a long time in the NFL? Why am I talking in questions? Why can't I stop talking like this?