First preseason Top 25: SEC's other Tigers start at No. 1

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KyleK, Mar 11, 2011.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'll never understand pollsters. Last year we were lightly regarded because we didn't have a qb. This year we "might" have a QB and we play 7 teams in the top 25 and we get the top spot. I think preseason rankings are based entirely on your bowl performance.

I'm a little uncomfortable with this. I'd much prefer to be 7th or 8th.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Can't say that I blame you. Expectations can be an anvil on gameday. Dynamics change dramatically, player focus can be hard to sustain. Pressure, pressure, pressure. Toughest OOC games, yep, more stress. On the positive side, looking forward to seeing the new "Bert Jones" on your spring game in a few weeks.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think the AP will put us around 4 or 5. Not exactly under the radar, but not a big red target either.

I'll tell you one thing . . . this schedule is loaded with contenders and is made for a championship season if the Tiger can win them.

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Auburn an 8-9 win team? Give me a freakin break.

6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Why say "two titles in the last eight seasons, 62 games in the last six" instead of "two titles and 84 games in the last eight seasons?" Thats a better average over a longer time, and it includes both of the championships he is referencing.

7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Takes plenty of intestinal fortitude to hang out on that Ohio State limb. No starting QB and no Head coach and it will get worse. Don't worry about #6 or NC, survival? Oh ya.

To imply that coaching isn't everything is to imply that Standford will finish number 5. Big mistake.

And number 9, They ask us to think of Mich. State that won the Big Ten co-champs, not the team that "failed to show up" against Alabama. Just an excuse to justify that beat down. All in all, just another below average early opinion.

8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

The Spartans last year were a fluke... yeah, Big Ten co-champs... caught Wisconsin early, didn't play Ohio State... lost 37-6 to us in Iowa City where we subbed freely the second half.

It wasn't just Bama they "didn't show up" for....

10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire