First time ever in Tiger Stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUALLDAY, Nov 18, 2019.

1. LSUALLDAY

LSUALLDAY Purp Guy

As a lifelong out of state tiger fan I will be making my first trip to Tiger Stadium next weekend to see LSU hopefully get revenge over the Aggies. Today it was announced for a 6 pm kickoff only added the final check to this bucket list event. But as a newbie to Baton Rouge and Tiger Stadium, I have endless questions regarding my first trip and would love some advice and pointers.

- I'll be driving from New Orleans that Saturday before the game. I want to get a full dose of lunch and gameday festivities before the game. Would arriving around noon be a good start time?

- Speaking of getting to the game, what's a go-to gameplan for parking? I don't mind walking or paying for a good spot as long as its not ridiculous prices.

- Since I have never been I have never seen the Tiger Walk. When does that happen and any tips for a good viewing area?

- Back to lunch, where should I eat? If you had to tell an out of towner the one place to eat (preferably close to the Stadium) where do I go?

Any other suggestions? Sorry if there is a thread on this information already, I am just a newbie and super excited about it! Thanks, guys a lot, Geaux Tigers!

2. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Its an experience, and the place to eat is at tailgates IMO. The restaurants are all reviewed online if you want to go to something like that before hand, but its not easy coming and going so once you get to Tiger stadium and park I would plan on staying in the area. There is plenty of restaurants you can walk too from the stadium as well if need be. And I would say noon is a great time to show up.

Send me a PM, I am going as well and hosting a tailgate if the weather is good. You can stop by and I will feed you, cooking Jambalaya.

3. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

My son and I will be there from Tennessee. We try to get to a couple a year and with turkey day calling us home to visit family we will make the game. It’s quite an experience, I’ve been going since 1970 and seen some great games. If you need some help let us know!

kcal and Rolan like this.
  4. LSUALLDAY

LSUALLDAY Purp Guy

How crazy, we are coming from Chattanooga!

Pjoe likes this.
  5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I was just there a couple of weeks ago

was a really nice drive through

6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I’ll be there as well. Bringing my friend that’s given up on Tennessee and never been to tiger stadium.

7. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I am going for the day to tailgate but no ticket for the game

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

So it's you who drives the bandwagon, huh. Makes sense.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    BAY0U BENGAL and shane0911 like this.
  9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You’ll be able to find one for this blowout, EASILY, if you want one. $25.00<

EDIT: Sorry, I thought this was the Ark game you were talking about but you should still be able to find a ticket outside the stadium. Flashing helps.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    APPTiger and shane0911 like this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Baw you ain't missed a beat. I love your crazy ass!

LSUTiga and APPTiger like this.