First time living away from home?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by lsu99, Jul 18, 2015.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

For me, it was a month before turning 18 living with a roommate at Plantation Trace apartments as a freshman at LSU.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

17yrs old living at Tiger Plaza off Nicholson back when it was all LSU students and not a war zone.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

17 years old living in East Laville Hall at LSU. I was there for six weeks before turning 18, which kind of sucked with not being able to get into bars.

Overall, though, that first semester at college was one of the best times of my life.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

17 yrs old on a plane to Marine Corps Recruit Depot , life changed very quickly.

1st flight I had ever been on.

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Random rental house in Baker... parties every night. The old white folks that lived around us (and have now died or moved out of Baker) were not amused.

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

18 years old, living in Hatcher Hall. Power Hall was the other male dorm with a/c. Power was newer, but we picked Hatcher because it had a bar in the basement. We used to go down and watch Monday Night Football on the bigscreen tv and drink draft beer. Times have changed.

The beer bar in the dorm was smart if you think about it. We didn't have to drive home.

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

18 years plus 10 days. USNA.

Did not move by anything but my own leg power until they took us to see an Oriole game in late August. About seven weeks. No one found that noteworthy but me.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Went to LSU at 17. Had a vehicle, got a job and have been independent ever since. I absolutely do not understand boomerang kids who sponge off mom and dad throughout their 20's.

titoabad1, LSUDad and TwistedTiger like this.
  9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

18 moved into an apartment down the street from the fieldhouse on Alaska Ln

LSUDad likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Was it called the Alaskan Arms? Not my first apt but I lived in the AA. Had been there a few months when the air conditioning unit froze over and wouldn't pump any cold air. It was in mid September so it was pretty hot. I told the manager and he said the complex had been sold so the previous owners were almost impossible to get to do any repairs. I told him I wasn't paying any rent until my AC was fixed. Nobody did. I bought a box fan and lived their through the fall, winter and into next spring until about the end of April rent free. Then I moved. Nobody had ever come to fix the AC.

A good bit of crime in the area too. One night I had stayed up all night studying for a final exam. When I tried to start my car I discovered that somebody had stolen the battery sometime that night. I was lucky the prof was a good guy and let me take a makeup.