Fiscal Cliff Negotiations

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Dec 6, 2012.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Don't listen to El Stupido Fanatico. Whenever his argument starts failing, he turns it into a personal criticism of me. Pleased don't start that crap because it bores me and I will have to ignore you like I often ignore him.

You know nothing of what goes on in my mind. You must go by what I state here and I speak very clearly about my logic and reasoning and my conclusions.

What are you here for if not to win your argument? All you seem to have come down to is criticism of me personally. I think I'm done here.

2. red55

Already done, if you can't understand them, tough shit.

Already answered. Now you are taking the martin route of simple repeating yourself over and over.

Oh does it now? When you use OMB figures to suggest that the rich pay more effective taxes then their word is HOLY. But if someone else uses them, then they only convolute the picture. Your hypocrisy is showing, chief.

More martin carp. Just because I'm correct doesn't make it "right". With you as the arbiter of what is "right."

3. red55

The deficit must be addressed for sure, but the deficit alone is not the sole issue facing the country. We are doing pretty well on most fronts with an improving economy and job growth, a powerful military, and successful foreign affairs. It is far more important to keep the economy growing, the market confident, and increasing foreign trade. We can handle debt better than any country in existence and it would be a mistake to to enact Euro-style austerity measures which crippled their recovery. We have to get used to slow and steady growth. Likewise we must prepare to pay down the debt slowly and steadily.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I came here to debate the Obama proposal, you came here to dispute the debate itself.

Big difference.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Your opinion does not constitute evidence.

You changed your answer in consecutivee posts.

First the data I have used to demonstrate rich pay the highest effective tax rates is from the CBO, not the OMB. They are better studies simply for the fact that they are coming off of actual numbers and not projections.

The reason it may be appropriate to adjust OMB numbers is because they make projections assuming current policies are in placeover the term of their projection. You realize Obama adjusted the OMB projection to remove the tax increases on the middle class that will occur if no deal is reached. This makes sense in light of his desired policy of maintaining current rates for the middle class.

You have presented nothing to demonstrate that Sessions adjustments were not appropriate. You have just said so a bunch.

Stop putting words in my mout. I speak for me. A bunch of other crap you always say. I said that the majority favoring something does not make that thing the right thing.

The majority in Germany favored gasing the Jews. Was that right? Must have been. The majority favored it.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

Keep me updated on my carp.

7. red55

I shoved it in his mout. Only way to shut him up.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

This is so true. I have heard at least 3 different Democrat congressmen say that the Republican Medicare Part D is a major driving force in our trillion dollar deficits. If I was in the media my follow up question would be "why don't you work to repeal it?"

I am sick of constant bullshit from both sides on entitlements. Republicans put forth cuts no one will ever except, Democrats don't counter, the unfunded liabilities grow. We need to get serious about this issue.

Maybe we should open the .doc file of the 1998 Budget, do a control R and replace 1998 with 2013 and call it a day. I wouldn't even complain about the 400% tax increase I would see.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

another good article. Read the entire article its pretty fascinating.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...8a33e4c-4555-11e2-8061-253bccfc7532_blog.html

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood