Fiscal Cliff Negotiations

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

so it doesn't matter what the Republicans claimed were their ideas during the past election?

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Not really. This is Obama's deal to make..

3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Republicans lost seats in Congress and lost the Presidential election. This is about the Democrats ideas now. Obama and the Dems need to step up to the plate and not wait for the Repubs to make a move. Be the heros or the goats. Dems want their cake and to eat it too.

Repubs did what they wanted to in the early 00's and are paying the price.

4. Tiger in NC

I have no doubt that some where in the confines of your own fucked up logic your statement is true and makes perfect sense my friend

5. Tiger in NC

My point is that both sides have a role to play in these negotiations and it is not okay for the Republicans to check out when the going gets tough; for that matter the Democrats either. The cuts portion of this deal is going to be the ugly and unpopular part of the deal and it will require some political courage from both sides.

I definitely agree with your second statement. Republicans stopped being Republicans; meaning they abandoned the notion of true fiscal conservatism and hitched their wagon to outlandish social issues.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That's all fine and dandy regarding who won the election but we all know Boner and that weasel from Virginia Cantor wouldn't agree with Obama if O decided to cut taxes on the rich and gut Medicare and turn into a private industry. They will not work with Obama regardless.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They are learning. The voter demographics are getting more tolerant on social issues and they expect politicians to demonstrate some practical flexibility instead of knee-jerk ideology.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You explain to me how this isn't Obama's deal to make?

Democrats have the majority of power..

I'll will wait and watch as you try to put this all on Republicans....

4 years zero budget.... The road is only so long my friend.

9. Tiger in NC

your a poor listener, Pride. I do not expect Republicans to do everything, nor do I want to blame them for everything, I simply want them to do their part. I expect the same of the Democrats and have said as much. Why do you fail to realize that this isn't a one sided show? No legislation can be passed without the Republican led congress so they have a prominent role to play, like it or not. If they do not step up to the plate it will not matter because they will be voted out in 2014 and the Dems will do whatever in the hell they want, which wouldn't be good either.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Dems point the finger all to quickly. They know full well they need to bring cuts to the table. Republicans have already conceded on tax increase. Your turn Dems....

You get the picture now?