Fiscal Cliff Negotiations

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Dec 6, 2012.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Of course! You ignore that those two years were the peak of the Bush-caused recession. The Stimulus pulled us out of recession in 6 months and raising taxes would have impacted the recovery. But the recession is over and the deficit is high, so we need to let the temporary tax cuts experiment that never worked to die as was always planned. Those irresponsible tax cuts without spending cuts were part of the Bush deficit problem and they are part of the deficit problem now.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

We are borderline in a recovery. Growth is small and our work force is shrinking.

Again, how can you sit there and say they were irresponsible, yet pass them along for 4 more years.

Either they are bad or they are not.

What is irresponsible Red is our spending levels at 25% +

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yes, we have had three straight years of recovery.

Yes, we have had three straight years of job growth.

The work force is shrinking because the Baby Boom is starting to retire. This will continue for a dozen years and then level off.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

4 -2 + 2 still = 4

5. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Yep. I have never and never will approve of taking from those that work and give to those that don't want to.

6. gyver

Hey! Can the taxpayers get their $254 million back from a123 battery company? Just another Obama subsidized disaster. Windmills, solar panels and now batteries. Taxpayers foot the bill and the Chinese gonna reap the reward. Not only do they get a deal on the company. We still have to pay them the money Barry borrowed from them to subsidize A123 in the first place.

7. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

So people making above 250k have Govt. influence? Are you kidding me?

The govt. made the current economic conditions. Take away the printing press, fiat currency, and artificial interest rates none of this crap would have happened.

That's right THE EVIL RICH PEOPLE made my life suck. Go blame your problems on your mom titty baby.

And enough is already enough. The govt. creates nothing and squanders money. Maybe 10% of the rev. they take in actually helps somebody.

I'm living in the right country. When we started there wasn't a federal income tax. It's people like you messing up a good place.

gyver likes this.
  8. gyver

When politicians start telling you that they need to raise taxes. You can bet your sweet ass that they've figured another way to buy votes or pay back campaign contributors.

lsufan52 and KyleK like this.
  9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

You really jumped to some conclusions there. I don't have problems, but I certainly don't blame my problems on anyone. I don't want to live in a country where people file bankruptcy because of their medical bills or circumstances outside of their control created by careless people with political influence. Apparently you're totally cool with that. I just hope you never find yourself in a situation like people I know have found themselves in.

I guess you didn't actually do any homework and determine exactly what amount was enough. I can't say that I'm surprised. There is so much wrong with pretty much every word you typed that I'm not sure where to begin. It would be pointless anyway because anyone that believes everything you just typed is beyond help.

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

$254 million? Psssshhhhht. That's fucking chump change.

While you are asking for that to be refunded, go ahead and ask for our $1 trillion back from the Iraq War.