Fishhead's back...hide your fish.

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by Fishhead, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Awesome.

You'd like my dad.

Ya'll are about the same age. :lol:

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

:rofl: I got nuthin... :lol:

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

If you haven't fished the Biloxi Marsh much, that's something you need to learn, considering where you go out of. Beats the heck outta running to BI or Central, although that's where the pigs generally are. But there's PLENTY of trout just on the north side of the BM. We quit fishing it because, in a 19' bayboat, it was just too much of a chance of getting hammered crossing Lake Borgne. We always left out of the Rigolets...and if you couldn't get across, the options were pretty limited. That's why we started going back to Hopedale/Delacroix. If you can't get 'outside', no biggie...we know a lot of spots inside where we can at least catch reds. But with that boat, it shouldn't be a problem to jump across in relative comfort. Once you get out to the BM, you can always find calmer waters around the islands. There's literally thousands of them, and you just fish the current coming around the points.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

[​IMG]

You can see how close a shot it is from the mouth of BSL to the northern most spots I have marked...

"Quick Fitty" is probably my favorite spot to fish there. There's a really good reason I call it "Quick Fitty". If they're on, you can put fitty in the box REAL quick. It's also a good redfish spot at certain times. I have sat there anchored and caught a quick trout limit off the back of the boat, then gone to the front of the boat and literally pick out the red I wanted to catch until I had that limit as well. Without ever moving the boat. No chit.

"Waterspout Point" is a good spot if the tide's coming in, and also where I took my famous waterspout photo in August of 2006.

But any of those little points and small islands have fish around them laying in the current waiting for bait to sweep around to them.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

"Quick Fitty"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Waterspout Spot...this is a picture I took from the boat in August 2006. This picture is still on Weather Underground and The Weather Channel.

[​IMG]