Five Guys Burgers

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Krypto, Sep 27, 2010.

1. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I'm a Rotolos fan too. There is a new place called Reginelli's over by the Chimes that's pretty good too.

2. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Reginelli's is pretty good. They are just very very slow when we go for lunch. I miss when Deano's was here.

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Who gets etouffee at a restaurant? I don't buy anything at a restaurant that I can make better myself. Red Beans, gumbo, etc. all fall under the same thing. Dragging a couple dishes out to point out their differences doesn't make up for 90% of the menu being virtually the same. Burgers, chicken strips, cheese dip, etc. is bland stuff you can get anywhere.

Poboys at Chimes are terrible. That was actualkly the first restaurant meal I ate in BR when I moved down back in 2006. In fact, you can add poboys to the list with pizza and BBQ. People here like to rant and rave about poboys at various restaurants here and all I can say is that they have never had a real poboy. Chimes (like most places here) thinks that if you toast the bread it will pass for the awesome, crusty stuff you get in NOLA. For my money, Ole Tyme Grocery in Lafayette has the best PoBoy's in the state.

I agree that BR has plenty of good places to eat, but the statement made was "best variety and quality of food in Louisiana" and that's simply ridiculous.

Krypto, I have yet to eat at Rotolo's, but now that we have a Johnny's Pizza here I doubt I ever will.

4. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

See from what i have heard about johnny's, it is 50-50 love hate. I will have to try it, I just have not had the time yet.

5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

People in north louisiana love it, south louisiana not so much. It started from Monroe. The Sweep The Kitchen is awesome, it is loaded. Not sure about anything else.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Johnny's is ok but not great. I assume the one in North LA must be much better.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

is this the same reginelli's that there are a couple of locations in nola? what i think was the original (not sure if the one on camp, or the one in lakeview came first, but i think lakeview) reginelli's was just a couple of blocks from my house in lakeview. i ate there all the time and loved it.

which chimes is reginelli's near? the orig or east?

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Stick with the Sweep the Kitchen. Outside that, it's average. The StK is a slice of home for me.

9. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Original

10. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I went to a five guys in Penn when I was up there for christmas...as far as a fast food burger and frys go, its good. Real good. The only way I can see anyone being unhappy with it is if they went there thinking it was like a Times Grill.