FL Loss To AU - Help or Hurt

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex_B, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

It doesn't make much difference, since LSU plays both teams, but it sucks some of the drama out of next week's game. Of course, it also injects a little more life into the LSU-Auburn game. Still, I was looking forward to the hype of next week's 'battle of unbeaten top 5 teams.' Oh well.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I love your post and the only thing I can add is it next Saturday yet?
    I simply would give up this week of my life just to have this game play out right now!:yelwink2:
    I simply love the way OU and Fla were pumped up and lost once they played a good team!

3. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

The only reason this hurts is that next weeks game looses a little bit of it's luster. If we TCB the rest of the way we are in the NC. My hope is that USC wins out as well.

4. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Helps us on the field, hurts us in the polls...

There are no more than 10 undefeated teams left.

2 SEC
    3 PAC10
    2 Big 10
    2 Big East
    Hawaii

Everyone else doesn't matter. If LSU keeps winning, nothing matters. OSU plays Wisc. The three PAC10 teams play each other. Cincinnati and USF play each other. Hawaii just isn't wowing anyone anymore.

The chances of two teams going undefeated for the rest of the way is unlikely.

LSU is still in the hunt even with a loss.

Now, my take on Florida...

They just played an emotional, physical heartbreak. Shell shocked in the first half, to a comeback, an electric crowd, to lose on a last second field goal.... twice.
    This is a team that just got thrown back to earth. They struggled at Ole Miss, in the Swamp against Auburn.

Welcome to Death Valley Gators

5. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

Ill say it again. It no longer matters what else happens in college football. As long as LSU wins out, we play in the BCSNC Jan. 7th... Because OU lost.

6. edyel

edyel edyel

Thats a fact!:thumb:

7. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Was there any doubt about whether we would get in or not? No one believes we will be left out, I just would have liked UF to be unbeaten next week, but it is still a great matchup. Suddenly the LSU-Auburn game is looking a lot better than the Florida game...

8. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

We pretty much need to destroy Kentucky. I live in Western Kentucky (Paducah) and I've had about all the "Go Blue" BS I can stand. It's not easy being the only LSU fan in the county. (As far as I can tell I have the only LSU car plates and decals in town.

Anyway - we just need to win 'em all. But especially KY. (Speaking of bad abbreviations....):eek:ldskule:

9. TC

TC Le Big Mac

It hurts. Auburn is in our division and has only one SEC loss. If they were to beat LSU, they'd have the tie-breaker (if they don't lose again).

Florida comes to Baton Rouge desperate next Saturday.

LSU (like just about every other good team in the nation this weekend) now looks very mortal.

10. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

It would've been nice for the gators to be undefeated when we play, at least from a SOS and the signal it would've sent to the world if LSU wins. I think by the time we get to AU they will be a decent rank. So we should play 2 decently ranked teams in UF and AU versus one top ranked and an unranked.
    From an emotional standpoint for UF it is tough to tell. Meyer will have them ready to play. I think they have been flat lately. They are very good and I don't think they will be deflated this week but will be wanting revenge. So in that sense I think it hurts us.
    However, our OL has to play like it did against Vtech and SC or we will lose. I believe our D is capable of stopping them and our O is capable but Flynn has to play much much better (he needs to 100% healthy) and the OL has to show up.
    These games come down to who is prepared, mental toughness, emotion, and no turnovers.
    I really was hoping UF would win, but I found myself hoping for the upset. I really wanted LSU to be the ones to shut down the Tebow train and praise.