FL Loss To AU - Help or Hurt

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex_B, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I think it helps. Playing a 1-loss Florida team and a 2 -loss AU team is probably a little better than playing an unbeaten and 3-loss Auburn team. This gives a lot more weight to the Auburn game.

2. edyel

edyel edyel

It is down to the SEC eats it's young. The Tigers have a long way to go but I believe. Thats the LSU Tigers!

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Revenge for what??
    If anyone should want revenge its LSU for the loss to Fla last year and in 2003, we gave them that game in the Swamp last year and the NC.
    If I'm coaching this team I would have the team watch those 2 games not including game film.

4. Zetachi79

Zetachi79 Founding Member

I believe that if LSU takes it to florida next week, then it is still good for us even though they lost tonight. Auburn won on a last second field goal, yeah they dominated the game, but the final score is all voters look at....

I think LSU gains alot of votes this week, I dont know if they go to 1, some say so..but USC looked very mortal tonight...more so than they have in a while. LSU played a sloppy game against an in state rival, and i'd rather have that sloppy game against tulane than florida or auburn or alabama.

But a 1 loss florida, and a 2 loss auburn, is much better than undefeated and 3 loss, they kentucky game is now big, as they will more than likely be undefeated when we play them.

ok later guys...

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I just know I'll be going through a whole bottle of Rolaids the next few weeks.

6. LSU_Fan_In_OK

LSU_Fan_In_OK Founding Member

My opinion is the florida loss might actually help LSU next week....Its hard to get your pride and emotions back inline within a week coming off a let down.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

especially against a number 1 or 2 team in the country!

8. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

kirk "usc fanboy of the year" herbstreit said he puts LSU #1. that completely floored me. he even went as far as to say USCw didn't look very good tonight.

9. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

With the loss of WV and OU, I dont think we have to worry. The possibility of more than 2 teams finishing undefeated is almost none. So if we keep winning against whoever teams, we'll still end up in the BCSNC. Why it scares me is because our guys might rely on just winning the game with no care about the quality of the win, which might cost us a game. We've seen that against a very bad Tulane team today. I have to say Im really dissappointed with how the Tigers have played in the second half of South Carolina and the 1st half of Tulane. We didnt look good. Coach Les might have to chew some a$$ in practice, and he should start with Flynn. He's been getting a free pass to underperform because of his injuries, but its been 3 weeks, and he should understand that the way he's been playing is unacceptable. He should start to threaten him with Perrilloux. I think Flynn is relying on the fact that Les is going to stick with him, he's not competing at the same level he used to when his job wasnt secured. That doesnt in anyway mean he should be benched, I just want the old Flynn back.
    GEAUX get 'em Flynn!

10. vector4

vector4 Founding Member

i agree with everyone who says its neutral.

we are already at the top so rankings of teams we play mean nothing as long as we win.

and

all the up/down emotional, revenge, etc crap doesnt mean anything anymore. when your goal is NC you have to overcome ALL of those things and win no matter what.