Florida fans singing a different tune

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 3, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Did my usual post NFL Sunday, rival teams boards surf. Never post on any except tidefans.com, because of the abuse us LSU fans usually take (You know all the insults about our state and the fine people of Louisiana)

But I do like to read to see what dilusions opposing fans suffer similar to ours. I will spare you our fellow SEC west observations. I have decided to go stealth and let the two teams from Alabama fight out "Who is the best in the Nation Alabama, OU or Auburn" (I am not making that up, although Auburn claims they are going to the Sugar Bowl, where an Alabama fan believes he is number 1 in the nation.)

Anyway I digress.

Visiting the Florida board I was stunned. They all LOVE Zook now, Some posts calling for the removal of fireronzook.com. I went there after our game with them and every post was demanding his removal. Now they love him. Go figure. Just though it was amazing how one win will save a coaches job (See Tommy Tuberville)

Yes Chuck had Auburn lost to LSU, I believe your Boy tubbs would have been working on his Resume. Until then the Auburn faithful were getting a bit tired of 7-5 and loss in a bowl game story. But he beat the #10 team in the nation (Now #15) and he basically won some breathing room.
    At least that is my opinion. I already see Auburn fans calling for Mike Stoops on autigers.com (At least until the LSU game)

See ya !!!

2. chuck

chuck Founding Member

yes

many of the fans on line were calling for ctt's head . .however, the powers-that-be in Auburn had assured him that he was to be given more time. I hold true to my 5 years to make a difference opinion . . .

3. TexasTigers

This is his third year correct ???

So he has two more, no matter what happens. Got to give him credit when credit is due. He seems to have turned over a new leaf...

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

auburn...

doesn't have much of a chance at getting into the sugar bowl. We still have the best chance of gettting there. Auburn has to defeats coming, Alabama & Georgia. We really need to get by Kentucky. Then I believe we can be the winners of the West. The gators are right about one thing. It was a great win for them. They were up against the wall and pulled it out. I wasn't sure who was trying to give the game away the most. Ugly game, but a good win for Florida.

5. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

With the results of the cocktail party, what do you think of the odds of a UF-LSU rematch in the SECCG?

6. TexasTigers

Very long (More them then us), Plus lets beat Kentucky first.

I am with Saban, our season is one game long.

Geaux Tigers.

7. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

I agree, but it is fun to think about.

8. TexasTigers

What I find amazing, is that game was more Georgia losing then UF winning. Zook made a fool of himself, and both coaches were vile (See Saban against Auburn)

Honestly, I hope Zook stays for a long time. He has brought that program down to 8-4 7-5, with losses to most SEC teams.

So this is good news, for us. Now Georgia will be on mission to beat Auburn (Which basically eliminates them, for the most part) AND it keeps Zook around.

9. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

I don't want any part of UF

That team is fired up and dangerous right now. They remind me of how we were last year at this time of the season. Hopefully we'll get there too after Saturday.

10. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Georgia would have to lose to Ole Miss or Auburn. It could happen but odds are against it. Florida has one game in sec play left. It is with the game cocks. Flordia could win it but not likely. LSU has the toughest schedule left. All SEC games.