Florida fans singing a different tune

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 3, 2002.

1. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Florida has Vandy, too, but I guess you have to take that for what it's worth.

2. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I agree

I don't believe Florida will get into the SEC championship game its going to be in my opinion still Georgia...only way Florida beat the Dawgs was on the scoreboard which is the only way that counts for W's and L's but on the the field Georgia beat Georgia, they really really messed up when they Pulled Greene For Shockley after that first Touchdown Drive where Greene went 5-5...Granted Shockley is a awesome qb but Greene was on a roll at that time..Plus Georgia was playing without 2 of their best Wr's in Fred Gibson and Damien Gary...I still think that Georgia will sneak into the SECCG against LSU if BOTH teams wins out...First we gotta beat Kentucky, Alabama, Ole Miss, and then arkansas, that is 4 SEC teams that are capable of beating anyone on a given saturday when they are on their game, so before we talk Atlanta for SEC championship lets talk those 4 teams first

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

True it is fun to think about, as fun as Rabalias and all of us setting up Fiesta Bowl scenario's before the Auburn game.

I am not ripping on your post, believe me, makes for fun talk on an off week.

However the Auburn game, has correct our thinking. Lets look at the facts.
    We are a team, who has lost its starting QB, Its Starting TailBack, its Defensive QB in James, has a hobbled DE in Spears.

Our QB is fair to bad (So Far), and has shown he cannot win games by himself, but is more then capable of losing games. Not to knock Marcus, I do wish him success. But lets be honest, he is No Rohan.

But in order to Beat Kentucky, we have to win a shootout. Our D is great but Kentucky will score. We have basically a 2nd team offense going into the teeth of our schedule of the west. Yes we hammered Florida, yes we hammered USC (But they we sort of exposed this weekend losing to an average UT team) and we lost to Auburn. Auburn mind you, our arch rival and a team that got beat by Florida, and almost by Ole Miss. Auburn is good but they got hammered by Arkansas, just hammered and we still have to play Arkansas. So we have some issues to address.

Personally I am sweating this game more then Auburn, our team is at a crossroad. Lets see how they respond. But our boys will either step up, and clobber UK, or lose and I dont want to discuss that until next Monday.

4. chuck

chuck Founding Member

Texastigers . ..

to answer your question, this is CTT's 4th year. He had the 5-6 99 season, the 10-4 (i think) season (with SECCG/Citrus Bowl), thanks Rudi Johnson), 7-5 last year, then this year. I said 5, but upon reflection, I say 6. His first legit class was two years ago, the one where he signed Carnell. I would like to see the team make-up and performance when CTT has a full squad of his top recruiting years. Not unlike what Saban will have in a few years.

As for Auburn vs. UGA, I struggle ever thinking UGA will beat Auburn. Since I have been an Auburn fan, UGA has only beaten us twice, and one of the biggest problems that some alumni have had with CTT is that he has his players more fired up for that game than the Iron Bowl. Also, I think UGA is a tad overrated . especially with the injuries they've had.

We shall see in two weeks . . can't wait. The end of the season should be spectacular.

5. TexasTigers

What the hell ever happened to Rudi ??? I forgot about that guy, he was a stud... (Even though the little rat bastard was the one who scored the TD to run up the score on LSU ;) )

Didn't he go pro or something, or leave school. I cannot remember. I remember he was all world then poof he was gone.

6. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Rudi Johnson

he is Corey Dillion's backup in Cincinnati, seen him in the preseason against the Saints

7. chuck

chuck Founding Member

actually . .

he's not even on the travel roster anymore. I was at the Texans vs. Bengals game on Sunday and when Dillon was out of the game they had somone named Bennett as the RB. I spoke briefly to a Bengals fan during the game and he said Rudi was on the practice squad.

Its a shame b/c Rudi left Auburn early to go pro . . although Carnell Williams said Rudi leaving was one of the main reasons he put Auburn back into consideration.

I just hate seeing guys that are so good in college leave early to not do anything in the NFL (R. Johnson, J. Bostic, R. Daniels, T. Faulk, etc.)

8. Mojo74

Mojo74 Founding Member

Leaving early? Wasn't Rudi done with his eligibility last year? He was a JC transfer, correct?

9. TexasTigers

Yup it is a shame. I can understand why some kids do it. But people like Faulk really screwed themselves. He would have been a 1st or 2nd rounder had he stayed, man imagine the Tiger D if he had stayed. Saban actually Told Josh Reed that now is the time for him to leave (Since Saban has NFL experience) he knew Josh Reed was ready and he had nothing left to accomplish, he broke all the records he needed to(Which he is being the 3rd rec. already) but told Trev Faulk NOT to leave that he was not ready. As you can tell Saban hit the nail on the head.

Bummer on Rudi, Cadillac needs to stay healthy, he will be a stud. He reminds of Emmitt Smith, small but productive, the only difference is Cadillac has some Barry Sanders in him. He will be playing on Sundays if he can stay out of the shop.

10. TexasTigers

I think he left early, he only played for a year at Auburn didn't he ?? I think he was a Junior.

Chuck ???