Florida fans singing a different tune

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Mojo74

Mojo74 Founding Member

Yes, you are correct. He entered the draft in 2001.

2. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

My thoughts

I'll go ahead and throw in my opinion on the rest of Auburns season. I do this mainly because someone posted that Auburn had 2 more definite losses coming their way. So here I go!

The UGA game this year will be my official last game at Jordan-Hare as a student. (many tears will be shed Im sure) And during all of my years here we have had UGAs number. It has been wonderful, I have so many good memories of those games. When its all said and done I will have only missed being there for one of them (my freshman year). Any how, I think it is very possible that we beat them because like Chuck said we do have so many players from Georgia and they get REALLY fired up for this game. I too think Georgia is a little overrated and I think their injuries are catching up with them. Im a little torn between thinking that we will win either one or the other (UGA or UA) of our two remaining SEC games, but I believe with all my heart that our team has the potential to win out.

Now the Iron Bowl, you CAN NOT predict, as I have said before. Hopefully if we beat UGA our team will not have used all their "heart" the week before. And we will have tons of energy and momentum left to end the season with a bang. It would be great! I dont think its an easy road ahead of us, but I definitely think that we CAN win out. Will we? Now thats another story, but you can bet all the money in the world that I will be at every remaining game this season screaming my head off for my TIGERS!!

WAR EAGLE!!

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

You still need Help but I think niether of us will get through the rest of the season without one more loss in the SEC.
    I am worried about Kentucky, Alabama, and Arkansas. (I think Ole Miss is in for a rude awakening) I think we win 2 of the other 3. Meaning we have one more loss. Which means Auburn must win out to go to the SECCG (Since we will have 2 SEC loses to Auburns 3)

Lets us not forget the Root Hogs. They are still lurking and have the tie breaker against Auburn.

This game decides our Season (Kentucky) we win we go on another roll and see you in Atlanta, we lost, not only in Standings but also in confidence we would be on the brink of the Peach Bowl.

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, he transfered as a JC junior and only stayed one year before going pro. It was a big mistake, he could have had another spectacular year and really helped his stock. Right now he is sitting behind Corey Dillon and Brandon Bennett in Cincinnati.

And Chuck, Auburns record that year was 9-4. Finished the regular season 9-2 with losses to MSU, and Florida. Then lost to Florida again in the SECCG, and to Michigan in the Citrus Bowl.

5. chuck

chuck Founding Member

yeah, 10 wins didn't sound right .

I didn't feel like going into the archive . .thanks for the correction.

my take on a few points brought up on this thread:
    1) Rudi had one more year of eligibility - I think if he would have stayed he could of had another great year . but I'm not sure he would have been much more than a Bam Morris style RB in the NFL (minus the drug issues)
    2) I agree that Josh Reed made the right decision. Reed had an amazing junior year and so far is proving me wrong that he would be a strong NFL receiver. He still seems to always be open and he still always catches the ball . .what a friggin' player
    3) Auburn has to win out to go . .I think if we do win out, circumstances will have us in the SECCG . .however, if we lose 1, I don't think we'll go.

JMHO's . .

6. TexasTigers

Well sort of, even if you win out, you still need one LSU loss. So if we win out, and we win out then we still go. Since we only have one SEC loss to Auburns 2....

If you lose one, then you will need 2 losses by LSU to go out of the next 4 (Still very possible) you own the tie breaker between us, so if we lose one, you have to win out to go.

But I think Arkansas may have something to say about this.

7. Southern Born

Southern Born Freshman

Just curious. Where are you reading that Alabama and Auburn fans are arguing over who is the best team in the nation, along with Oklahoma? I follow the Alabama boards pretty closely and I've NEVER seen anything like that.

8. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

Whats happening to AU??? They run that Bowden coach off and now their keeping TT?? Somehow it just doesn't add up.

9. TexasTigers

There was a post on tidefans.com, from a Bama fan claiming they are the best team in the nation next to OU.

I am sure it was just a fan. I to follow Bama boards and all the people there are very knowledgable and fun.

I was just getting a snicker out of that. I read on an Auburn board their Sugar Bowl plans.

Matters not, we need to win UK first.

10. chuck

chuck Founding Member

tigerb8

Terry Bowden inheritied a team with 5 NFL running backs . . by the time he left we were 115th in the nation. CTT took a 3-8 team added Rudi Johnson, and 2 years later won the SEC West. He is bringing the program in an upward direction, TB just brought it down.