florida @ LSU official game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Not impatience @Kikicaca, just curious why we lost dBs that used to wait in line to play for LSU regardless of the coach. Going all the way back to Saban we have been deep at that position. Now we can't field a full secondary. Year 2 should have at least improved our depth, but we have gotten worse. I know we lost some to injury and Brooks devastating diagnoses (prayers for that young man), but we are really bad on the back end. This is why they made adjustments on the front end to help (Perkins in coverage) which makes us weaker there too (losing our best pass rusher). You know I will always support whoever is coaching but that does not mean I won't call out a bad job. Just a little confused about what is happening and how long before we get our footing in that area. My opinion is that House is not the guy. I think BK will get it right, just stating my opinion. And the timing couldn't be worse with the juggernaut of an offense we have. Not looking for 4 & 5 stars just guys who can play the position and a coach who can make them better week to week. We are regressing not getting better and that is on House and his defensive staff.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Just need to find about 6 Honey Badgers, shouldn't be too difficult

HalloweenRun and LSUTiga like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Not an argument Pjoe just a difference of opinion. Agree we have to improve our D however we part at firing House for not having better DB's and D lineman. I am impressed however with some of out portal D lineman. Also the CB's from last years class had no experience in the big bad SEC, they are just too young still. Starting with only 39 scholarship players is unheard of at a school like LSU. Keep in mind our Dline coach is not available. Lastly you simply can't fire a DC after only a year and a half and not taking in to account all the liabilities he inherited. One more thing. We won the SEC West last year with House as our DC. Slow down amigo we haven't even finished 2 full years.

BK had the smarts to bring Denbrock with him and hire Sloan both whom are great at their jobs. He hired House. If he fires him or keeps him I am on board.

Pjoe likes this.
  4. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

@shane0911 only 1honey badger but I’ll take a few cubs.
    I’m willing to give them a chance @Kikicaca I just don’t see him as the guy. I’m not for firing him yet I just don’t see him as a college coordinator. He seems a better fit for what he was doing before an NFL position coach.

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Not sure if he is a great recruiter either.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

And how are you judging him as a recruiter? 1 year during a coaching change year coming in late trying to convince recruits that they should play for an unproven HC and staff? Myself I am pretty pleased with our LB commits for 2024 which is House's specialty. This will be BK and Houses first class as now established coaches. Also I remember you and many others praising House last year since we amazingly won the West and beat out mighty Bama to play Georgia for the title.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Just following along...you were doing great until you referred to our HC as "unproven." o_O

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Surprised you didn't get my meaning of "unproven". What I meant by that was Kelly was not a proven winning coach at LSU last year. He came from the midwest and Notre Dame and this is the SEC a whole different animal. He and his entire staff were unproven except our RB coach who has LSU roots and knows Louisiana. In my view Kelly proved to me he is our coach last year by winning the West.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

No, I got it. Never gave the theory much credence.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well all I will say is unless I was a die hard LSU fan as a recruit I would be very careful about signing with LSU over a well established Bama, Georgia, Ole Miss and others in 2022. Now that Kelly has established himself I trust recruiting and the portal haul will get better.

Bottom line? WE ARE JUST NOT THERE YET.

Chipeace likes this.