Florida reporter writes of threats regarding Jameis' story

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by uscvball, Feb 27, 2015.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It wasn't just the victim who was threatened. A local reporter got the same treatment.

"For my role in reopening a dormant investigation, Florida State fans wanted me to die of brain-eating cancer and in a car crash on my way home. They told me to jump off a bridge and get hit by a truck. They suggested I get intimate with a monkey infected with AIDS."

http://www.tampabay.com/features/hu...d-me-the-pain-of-covering-the-scandal/2219244

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

The State Atty didn't find enough evidence to bring forth charges, so are we sure Winston isn't the "victim?" I'll be the first to admit he's not altar boy but I've seen way too many cases of, "I regret pulling my panties down" to assume that is not what happened here.

Further, the more people involved in a lie, the harder it is to keep the story straight. This is not just one person saying it was consensual, it's 3. The fact that it's a white girl gives more cred to Jamesis' story in my opinion. Course that is circumstantial.

http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVvsajPJUZ04AXBQPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTEzM2pkdDNiBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1lIUzAwMl8x/RV=2/RE=1425210523/RO=10/RU=http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10082441/jameis-winston-not-charged-sexual-assault-investigation/RK=0/RS=b6ud.xD_Bqxpu08JawjwSBP7gz4-

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

You mean the guy who is a FSU alum and laughed his way through the presser?

Go ahead and watch that and try to believe the fix wasn't in for Jameis. Does that asshole look like he gives a shit about the seriousness of the issue at hand?

Can't answer for anyone else, but I am positive he isn't a victim in any sense. He's a thief and my dad always said if someone will steal, they will lie. Jameis has no credibility. And let's not forget that stunt he pulled on campus...."Jameis Winston jumped on a table on the Florida State campus and yelled “Fuck Her Right in the Pussy.” Stellar young man right there, really a victim, eh? Meanwhile, the young woman who accused him left FSU and had to go in hiding from all the threats.

3 people.....his roommates and teammates including one who admitted to hoping he'd get a piece of her too. "At one point, Casher said, he "busted into the room to embarrass Jameis" and the woman yelled at him to "get out."

In a later interview with police, Casher changed this part of his story, saying he went into the room because he hoped the woman would also have sex with him, something he said had happened in the past when he and Winston brought a woman to the apartment."

So one of those witnesses lied about the events. Poor, poor victim Jameis.

I don't know what her race has to do with it. But consider all the other issues.

-her BAC was .04. She wasn't sober enough to even give consent.
    -she reported the incident the night of....that doesn't usually happen when women file false claims.
    -the accuser said, "a TPD officer told her that Tallahassee is a "big football town, and the victim needs to think long and hard before proceeding against [Winston] because she will be raked over the coals and her life will be made miserable."
    - Winston declined to be interviewed by police on Jan. 23.
    -In February, Tallahassee police put the case in "open/inactive" status because they said the accuser decided she didn't wish to press charges. Carroll has vehemently denied the woman ever wanted to drop the investigation.
    -As for the delay in the case reaching the state attorney's office, Meggs said: "Obviously it would have been somewhat better if we had all gotten into this case a little bit earlier. Time is important, and it certainly would have been nice" to know last December what prosecutors know now.
    -It took a facking YEAR to decide not to file charges.
    -The reporter in the link I attached has said he was the recipient of threats regarding this case.

For me, if my daughter had been the one in this case and I knew she was legally drunk (well beyond that actually), had gone to the police to file a charge, had been discouraged from pressing charges, had been dumped at an intersection by the local football hero, the DA was a graduate of the school, and local law enforcement had delayed investigating for an entire year (allowing the football hero to play out his season), only to have my daughter's day in court denied.....that's not about panty dropping and Jameis is no victim. He had sex with a drunk, likely passed out female and it probably wasn't the first time as his roommate indicated.

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I'm pretty positive we have no victims here... Bad parenting for both, especially the white father. With that said if the girl were black Jameis woulda got strung up by his ball bag...

5. LSUTiga

Well where else would he fuck her?

Those incidents were not related though.

His reasons for going into the room changed but I'm not sure his comment about her yelling to get out changed.

Meh, if she wants and he doesn't mind sloppy 2nd's. Pulling trains is not uncommon on college campuses.

Maybe she was worried there may have been pics taken and her dad is a racist so she didn't want to look like she consented to having hanky panky with a colored guy.

If she was too drunk to give consent how can we believe her.
    Some of that appears sketchy but just cause the glove doesn't fit doesn't mean we must acquit but him declining interview, we do have a right to remain silent.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I disagree. She went to a bar, had to much too drink. If that constitutes bad parenting, then this country is flooded with them. It certainly was bad judgement and yet, drinking to excess does not give other people the legal right to physically harm you. At .04 she was likely not able to give consent and Jameis knew that. He had sex because he could, not because he should or showed any kind of self-control.

Jameis won a NC and the Heisman while the police kept the investigation in a hold status. He has suffered little, if any. She was threatened, did not get her day in court, and left the school. Would he have gotten in trouble over a black female? I don't know....more likely the trouble would have come from a homosexual encounter.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That's uncalled for.

Of course they are....speaks to his character.

He lied. He is a teammate. His statement isn't exactly trustworthy.

.04....nothing about being able to want or not.

If that were the case, common sense indicates she probably would have waited a day or two to create her story instead of going to police straight away.

Clearly it would have been he said/she said. The facts that do exist speak more to what a lying piece of shit Jameis is. Why did the star QB have sex with an inebriated white female, claim it was consensual, and then clam up when the po-po wanted to talk to him?

The police delayed the investigation for a full year. That is bullshit. He was instructed to decline an interview. Did you watch the state attorney laugh his way through that presser? Is that the kind of guy you want prosecuting rapists? He doesn't give a shit and he was part of the entire show to make sure Jameis never missed a game that season.

8. LSUTiga

Dang, I kinda thought I may be alone on this one. :D

Hey, you're the one who brought it up.

Libido does not discriminate. Men of all walks like to engage in that sinful but pleasurable act of fornication.

I'd venture to say that 98% of college sex involves inebriated participants. It's a known fact that alcohol affects women with increased sexual arousal and desire.

I agree with you on this one. Didn't watch the presser you linked cause I know if you said it, it happened.

To be clear, if he did in fact rape her he should be prosecuted to the fullest. We just can't convict on circumstantial evidence. I saw a program (20/20 type) recently in which a young female was made to say she'd been molested. Her mom did it to get at a family member. She stuck to her story, he went to/is in jail- even now that the girl is older and admits to lying. Something wrong with that shit and it happens a lot.

Know of a case in which an ex NFLer went to coach in a middle school. Kid said something happened. After his resignation, she admitted to lying but it was too late. Didn't even make it to the DA in this case.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Legally drunk is .08. She was only half drunk.

10. LSUTiga

vball, a lot of the line drawn here is a matter of perspective, to a degree. Being accused of rape when it didn't occur is something that men live in fear of, in the back of their minds. Even in my day job, if a situation arises in which I need reprimand a female employee, I get a witness to sit in. It's something we live with. So despite me being full of shit like I am, factor that in with what you're seeing from the male posters in this thread.

Having said that, granted there are some things in the Winston debacle that are sketchy but anything short of concrete evidence and many men won't hear it.

I know once, at a much younger age, a friend and I were leaving a bar and the girl he was with was all over him. He pulled over on a gravel road, I jumped out of the truck and took a walk while he did his thang. She was aggressive, though inebriated, but the next week we start hearing the guy "made her" have sex. It never went far but I can PROMISE you that bitch was grabbing his pecker while he was trying to drive and telling him what she wanted to do to him.

It was either my last year in HS or my first year in college, the friend was a year older than me but we both lived with our parents. I say that for the ones asking why he didn't take her home instead of pounding her the seat of a 4WD on a gravel road. :D