Florida screwed like us!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsutyger03, Oct 14, 2006.

1. lsutyger03

lsutyger03 Founding Member

The ball was not tipped leak flicked his wrist. It should have been an incomplete pass. Oh I forgot where they were playing. The refs collected there money before the game.

Auburn Sucks!!

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Yeah, just when I think I can't possibly hate either of those teams even MORE than I already do!

Florida couldn't do us a favor by beating AU :po: and Auburn wins :po:

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Then it would have been intentional grounding and loss of down.

4. msully

msully Founding Member

Most of the time like the players after the game with the hand shakes , that is when the money is passed !! You know if a hands thumb is tucked in shake that hand it has something in it for you !! Just something for you to thin k about !!

5. kimipela

kimipela Freshman

Geez Louise Guys - First of all, great game yesterday AND you were obviously the better team last week. That said....

You do know that it was 3rd and 3? Not first down, not second down. The best they could have hoped for was a field goal (and with the luck of their FG kicker who knows what would have happened?) - If they make it score is 20-18 with time left. If I remember correctly we scored another FG. That would have made it 21-20 in favor of Auburn. Now I know that Florida's defense is that it would have changed the momentum, changed play calls, etc. That is true. But even ESPN who really came after us after the bad call against LSU (yes, if you go back check my posts, I ADMITTED it was a bad call) said there was not enough to overturn it. He had pumped twice and not passed. Then forward motion seemed to stop. Plus, Blackmon's hand was blurred on the replay and the ball came out at a weird angle. Backwards actually. It was nothing like the call that I think you guys got screwed on.

Plus, if we pay off the officials at home like you say - what the h*ll happened last week against the Hogs? We racked up more 1st downs, more total yards and more time of possession against Florida.

I like to think of it like Pat Forde on ESPN in his article today. No one plays football like the SOUTH. Every week someone goes down because we have the STRONGEST CONFERENCE!!! Let the Pac 10'ers whine and moan about how they are the best. I KNOW the truth. Let em play LSU, Auburn, Florida and Tennessee in a year and see how long they go without a loss.

Peace out and good luck - onwards to a great bowl season for the SEC!!!:lol:

6. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

best post of the month and it's from a AUBURN guy... wtf happened to us? :(

7. FortWorthTiger

FortWorthTiger Founding Member

The NCAA rule says that if it is close, the benefit of the doubt goes in favor of the forward pass. Therefore admitting it was close is admitting the official wrongly determined the play a fumble.

And no it would not have been intentional grounding. The 5'6 wr florida has was the intended target. You probably just couldn't see him.

And what the heck does the "SEC is the strongest conference" BS have to do with this thread. The thread is about the officials getting a crucial call at Auburn wrong.... again.

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

After he released it, it hit Blackmon and was deflected into the backfield. You can't call grounding on a deflected pass.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

The post I was responding to stated:

You must have misread my post.
    I think if it can be ruled incomplete pass (even if it was tipped) it can be intentional grounding. Correct me if not but if a QB is intentionally grounding a ball and it happens to get tipped- can't it still be IG?

Nutriaitch, you had an awesome week on you pics! 10-3- congrats, you had the highest % this past week.:thumb:

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Thanks. I'm not sure where that came from, I was oh-fer before this week.