Florida, shut up, the correct call was made.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 11, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You definitely could not overturn the call.

But I will add that if the penalty was called on the play initially, you would not have been able to reverse the ball in our favor either. It was just that close.

I watched an angle that Sun Sports showed from behind the line off to the left side and the ball was placed down at the 33 1/4 or 33 1/2 yard line. The question is, where is the line drawn from, where the holder has his knee down, or where the ball is placed down? His knee is squarely on the 33. The ball lands between the 33 and 33 1/4 yard line.

Bottom line, that play can't be overturned under any circumstance. The replay officials did their job.

3. khounba

khounba Founding Member

If the ball would have bounced away from Jasper and Florida recovered they wouldn't be whining.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If Florida fans think a lucky bounce is what cost them the game, they are living in a delusional world.

That team stunk out on their beloved home field. This is probably the worst home game under Urban Meyer. It's only their 3rd loss at home in the 6 year tenure of Meyer, but this is the first time they got manhandled like this.

They have plenty more issues to worry about than just a lucky bounce going against them. It's not like Jasper ran it in from 35 yards out. They called a silly blitz and got burned and then lost on a fade pattern that should have easily been defended after they almost got burned the play before. Their DC should take as much heat as their OC. Neither won earned their paycheck in that game.

Any non-biased viewer came away from that game knowing LSU was the better team.

1 person likes this.
  5. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I agree 100% I am glad it went our way on the field.

6. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

Did you expect Florida not to whine about that call? They've lost two games ion a row this year. One at their beloved Swamp at the hands of the Tigers. I can see their tears from here in Myrtle Beach!

7. tigeramongpigs

tigeramongpigs Freshman

The question is, where is the line drawn from, where the holder has his knee down, or where the ball is placed down? His knee is squarely on the 33. The ball lands between the 33 and 33 1/4 yard line.

It seems like the line should be drawn from where it leaves his hand. Don't know, just a thought.....

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

if that was a forward pass, then so is at least 50% of every lead option you see in college football.

thanks for the screen shot Texas, looks pretty legit to me.

Good lord, look at the Gators who realize it's a fake with the ball on the ground. That should tell you something about the speed Jasper has.

10. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

that picture sums it up. His knee was down on the 33, and the ball is clearly landing on the 33!