Florida State vs Auburn Discussion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 5, 2014.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

except for that whole somebody got raped thing, but yea....... i agree

LSUDad likes this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Err, AU. FSU hasn't faced SEC level competition, particularly week N n out. Of BCS conferences, ACC is probably weakest.

3. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I agree......while I think FSU is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball, this will be by far the toughest test for FSU. If Auburn does happen to get on top....it will be interesting to see how FSU plays from behind. Call me crazy but I think Auburn wins this one. They have been battle tested all year, FSU ....not so much.

didit likes this.
  4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I'm going with the Noles for the simple fact that they have an edge with their defense. They don't have to shut Auburn down; they just have to get a few stops. Their linebackers are pretty damn good, and may be the key to doing just that. I think the offenses are a wash as they can and will both score a ton of points. But I don't see Auburn slowing down the Noles at all, where as FSU can probably generate a few stops at critical times. I also think the Noles win the turnover battle and capitalize.

It's easy to knock FSU's schedule this year, but remember, the ACC put a record 11 teams in bowls this year. Sure, they didn't have to play the LSUs and bamas of the world, but they annihilated Clemson, the best team on their schedule, and Duke, who nearly took down aTm. So I don't think that argument is as strong as it may seem. I think the bigger question is how will they respond when the game hasn't already been decided by halftime. Auburn definitely has the advantage in being tested in close contests.

5. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Florida State is going to walk the dog on Auburn.

It won't even be close. Auburn's secondary is going to get torched. Florida State is stacked with talent. This is a terrible matchup for Auburn IMO.

Auburn is a very very lucky team, but they will need more than luck to get them past Florida State and Jameis Winston.

48-21 FSU

lsudolemite likes this.
  6. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Barn. They did not fold when LSU had them all but put away and then they got better as the season went on.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Thought we were talking about the game? "If the glove don't fit.......you know the rest.....

8. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

IMO, the only way Auburn stays in this game is if Winston has a really bad night.... like 2 or 3 INT's.

We've seen these high-powered offenses get stuffed so many times before, in bowl games or season-openers when the opponent has time to prepare.

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Listening to Rome just now say he can't remember when their was less buzz about a NC game than this one tonight. I tend to agree. I don't care one way or the other who wins.

10. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

This is how we play teams. We get on top and we sit on the lead. I don't see the noles doing that. I see another clemson like beat down.