Florida State vs Auburn Discussion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Troy Barnes for the win!!!

2. TigerChief

TigerChief Freshman

I think that Auburn will win by more than one score. Probably 10 or 13. It seems they truly are a team of destiny. Also, I wouldn't want to be Free Shoes U's defense with Malzahn having so much time to prepare. The Auburn offense will control the game if you ask me.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Some would say "but who have they played?".

About the only thing I can hang FSU's hat on regarding their defense is what they did vs Duke. Duke was so overmatched by the FSU defense. Duke was held to 150 yards and 0 points halfway through the 4th quarter, until the hounds were finally called off, up 45-0.

That same Duke team put up over 600 yards in their bowl game vs A&M. Yeah, A&M doesn't have much of a defense, but the difference in those two games gives you a glimpse of just how dominant this FSU defense can be when going up against a pretty good offense.

Auburn ultimately gives them a new and different and more difficult challenge. It's one thing to physically dominate your man across the line, it's totally different to play disciplined gap control defense, which is what they will need to do 100 % of the time vs Auburn tonight. Otherwise, they will be gashed just like pretty much every defense has been of late vs Auburn.

4. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

I think Auburn wins. This will be FSU's toughest test of the season and they seem to think it's going to be a cake walk.

42-31 - Auburn Plainsmen Tiger Birds

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

The exact same thing can be said for Auburn.

6. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Maybe so, but Auburn has played a MUCH tougher schedule.

FSU hasn't had anyone within 14 pts of them going into the 4th quarter. If Auburn can be close going into the 4th, they'll have a great shot.

But I don't see it that way. I see FSU being able to stop Auburn early and get out to a lead.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

JW may have to play from behind tonight. If that happens look for them to get desperate, especially if it is late in the game. That leads to mistakes.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I don't know much about FSU except that they have the Heismann and you all know about the curse that has followed that trophy. I am anxious to see how he does against Auburn though.

Auburn's had a magical year. Their last two games say it all. They're going to win this one for my boy Nootch.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Last 9 Heisman winners to play in the BCS NC, 3-6 record. That includes the fact that the last two have won the game (Newton and Ingram).

LSUTiga likes this.
  10. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

You mean last 3 or last 2 before the SECCG?