Florida State vs Auburn for the National Championship

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 7, 2013.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If we had a playoff:

(4) Michigan State vs (1) FSU
    (3) Alabama vs (2) Auburn

For those saying all we are going to have is arguments for who should be the 4th team, would there be an argument of Michigan State vs Baylor or even a 2 loss Stanford? I don't think so. Baylor's loss was horrific. Michigan State lost early in the season when they were still trying to get their QB up to speed (sounds familiar, Auburn?). And they lost on some questionable interference calls that helped Notre Dame win that game 17-13 at Notre Dame. Hell, I think even if Okie State had won today, you would still argue Michigan State over Okie State, again because of Okie State's bad loss (to West Virginia by 2 scores).

2. msully

msully Founding Member

The year of the Tigers !!! Just not the right Tigers , LOL Pulling for you SEC Champs Tigers , Way to Geaux Auburn, now what do you think the chances we will see a SEC team in the play-offs next season or for the next 5 to 6 seasons ? Yes Auburn has been tested . I think the Tigers will win the BCSCG

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Under this scenario Bama would back in again. Yes there is a valid argument they would be in the top 4 but being eliminated from both division and conference championship should carry some weight. It is a tough choice and I know if LSU were in Bama's position we would be arguing the Tigers deserve a shot, but the season should mean more. At least they should not face the team that beat them until the final game.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think it could be set up where it was...

FSU v Michigan St
    Auburn v Stanford

One team per conference (in most cases) and precedence given to conference champs. I'd hope the committee would see it as such.

tigermark and gyver like this.
  6. cwatsn

cwatsn Loyal Servant

I think these two teams match up well. This has all the makings for a great, physical, back and forth game. Greater still that we won't have to watch Ohio State and Alabama in it.

I know Winston has got the lightning in the bottle, but he is going to be playing a battle tested SEC champion team in January. I am giving AU the advantage. But not by much.

And Gus Malzahn will come up with some wicked ass game plan you can guarantee.

7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

All I gots to say on this thread is that my wish came true.

No Bama in the NCG.
    No OSU in the NCG.

Personally, I think Auburn hands FSU a loss in convincing fashion. FSU has not played any teams on the par of Bama and Mizzou. .... or even ATM for that matter. I don't think their defense is as tested as some of you may think. I mean ... common ... Duke is not exactly a high powered offense.

It'll likely be a high scoring game ... but I think the score looks a lot like the AU vs Mizzou game ...

50something to 40something ... AU wins.

What a fairy tale season for Gus Malzhan

gyver likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I agree

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

It looks like in it's last year of existence the bcs got it right. I believe at this time we are getting the best matchup possible. My take on this game right now is that with 4 weeks to prepare we won't see 100 points scored. FSU has marvelous athletes with potent of speed to protect the edges and I don't think we will see them play a 3/4 like Mizzou kept going to. I also think that AU has some great athletes on defense that will be able to contain Winston.

I don't expect a low scoring game though, I'm thinking somewhere around 35-30.

And I'm giving the edge to Auburn right now because of the kicking game. Solid all the way around.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Again the matchup to watch when Florida State has the football is the extremely large receivers Florida State has, including Nick O'Leary at Tight End. Also, it looks like Timmy Jernigan gets the last laugh when it comes to the big 3 in that class, Anthony Johnson, Jadaveon Clowney, and Jernigan. Also Joyner at corner for Florida State is baller.