Florida State vs Auburn for the National Championship

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 7, 2013.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

What exactly do you mean by advantage in the kicking game? Just curious.

2. islstl

Auburn really struggled against the Missouri receivers, so that's definitely going to be what FSU needs to exploit. And FSU has a better QB, so Winston could easily throw for 400 yards in this game.

3. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Mason will shatter the Individual records for most Rushing Yards, Rushing Attempts, and Points Scored Rushing in a BCS championship game.

The Auburn Offense will break the record for most Rushing Yards and Rushing Attempts in a BCS championship game.

There is no team on the 'Noles schedule that was capable of testing FSU's Defense like they will be tested against Auburn. IMO, Auburn will beat Winston by grounding the FSU offense for a significant part of the game.

[​IMG]

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Let me ask you a serious question. Do you really like this type of offense? I mean I understand Auburn is your team and everything and I'd be rooting on the wing T or read option or whatever you wanna call it if LSU was doing it with that type of success, but I hate it. I hate watching it.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

How do you hate points? And Rb's lighting it up? and did I mention points?

LSUTyga73 likes this.
  6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

As an LSU fan, I love that offense. It's a blast from the past. Malzahn is an offensive genius and could be a magician too. And what pride123 said, points are points. The fact they can run the score up by only running the ball says a lot. I don't think it'll last, but it def is fun to watch.

7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Yeah, this used to be the trick offense that the small schools ran to try to compete with the big boys but now it is making its way to big schools with incredible athletes. This offense will get Saban fired if he can't adapt (and not only complain about it). LSU has a good defensive scheme to combat this. Chavis is ahead of his time.

This doesn't work for very long in the NFL though. These coaches are not helping the guys make careers out of it.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't hate points I hate the zone read. If LSU did it I'd stomach it because its LSU. It just seems like a gimmick to me, and if LSU ran it, it would be like my daughter when she is 20 bringing home some dude I can't stand and saying she is going to marry him.

9. islstl

In that same vein, maybe teams shouldn't execute a play action fake to the running back. That's gimmicky. Should just give the defense all the advantage in the world and stop trying to fool people dagnabit. Maybe put a sticker on the QB's forehead indicating if it's a pass or run play.

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

The read option is just that a version of the option. Defenses are set to beat passing teams and if the QB can run & pass he is dangerous. Chavis uses faster LBs and preaches discipline which is the key to beating the zone read. It makes plays on defense making mistakes...however the zone read is a mistake factory too. There is a mistake waiting to happen every play and a good D takes advantage of that.

LSUDad likes this.