Florida State vs Auburn for the National Championship

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 7, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Sorry just don't like it, never have never will. Don't like the option for that matter.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

This ones gonna be bitter sweet, do I pull for the SEC. But I've been knowing Jimbo since his days @ barn. Tough one.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I think everyone needs to slow their collective role in touting Malzahn as some genius who will revolutionize the game as we know it. This offense is something that we've seen and beaten before; they are simply hot right now. It happens. A team can gel at just the right time. They find their groove and the chemistry ignites. Am I missing any cliches?

Anyway, let's not forget that Auburn was a miracle play away from losing to an 8-4 Georgia team with an absolutely dreadful defense. Mizzou sold out to the interior and got killed on the edges. They simply lacked the athletes/discipline to account for those outside plays. I'm not selling the barn short; they are obviously playing very good ball right now, even with that wet paper bag defense. They are making plays when they need to....just enough stops to win. But the same logic can work for FSU's defense. They don't need to shut down the Eagles. Not gonna happen, anyway. No, they just need a few stops at key times. They will score a shitload of points, and need to force Auburn to play from behind. That's what Mizzou could not do. The momemntum was there for the taking at several points, but they didn't capitalize. Anytime the other team gives you that many turnovers, you take advantage. Mizzou refused.

And how nice of the resident barner to go in hiding for the down years, only to come back for the chest-thumping when the weather improves...

TigerTap likes this.
  5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

It's also an offense that has beaten us a couple times too. 2007 and 2010 come to mind. The fact they are in the NC game with Nick Marshall at QB says a lot. We made him look pretty bad but they've covered up his weaknesses pretty well since. We would be 6-6 with Nick Marshall...

6. Contained Chaos

Sure, but the point is that it's vincible. They are playing lights-out right now, at just the right time in the season. Some folks seem to be wondering if their offense can "ever" be stopped, which is ridiculous.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. LSUTyga73

Sure, a competent, physical defense can stop them but no one in the SEC appears to have one this year. If there was ever a year for auburn to be good, they picked a good one.

8. Contained Chaos

Well, I know of one...

I think you've got to have someone that's really quick on the edges. Mizzou showed very early on that they couldn't go there, and Auburn exploited the hell out of it.

Exactly. The perfect storm, with a little help from divine intervention.

TigerTap likes this.
  9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Agree. A good defense can and will shut down an offense that runs one of three plays 80% of its snaps.

10. LSUTyga73

I'm not sure how to respond to this...