Florida State's freshman qb

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Jul 6, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Some lived South of Tiger Land. I remember Kevin Faulks kids running around. Refurbish Broussard Hall.

2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

There's a report out (I believe it's FoxSports) citing 20 instances with violence against women at FSU since 2009. Is there a school, or team, or athletic department for that matter, that's even close to that number?

I know I'm being technical, specific, whatever...

As long as it's a 50/50 split in a dorm between regular students and athletes it's OK. Technically, you could have your frosh and sophomore's in the dorms their first two years; albeit, a bit unrealistic (and I'm thinking there's a clause in the NCAA by-laws about these two classes.)

I tend to look skeptically at the notion there would be fewer problems if they were required to live in campus housing. It also puts us back on that slippery slope about athletes being treated differently than regular students.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Report: Florida State threatens Jimbo Fisher after player arrests
    by Josh Hill 5h ago

Florida State has officially put Jimbo Fisher on notice after two of his players were arrested for violent offenses against women.

The NFL is currently being plagued by a domestic violence issue that has engulfed stars like Ray Rice, Greg Hardy and Adrian Peterson. While Peterson wasn’t busted for beating a woman, he was arrested for abusing a child, an offense that could land soon-to-be former Buffalo Bills coordinator Aaron Kromer in jail and out of the NFL for good.

Needless to say, there spotlight is on football for the wrong reasons, and the fact that the domestic abuse seeps down the college ranks bode well for no one. The Florida State Seminoles are quickly becoming the poster children for how to not conduct yourself in public, as the James Winston era is being followed by more terrible offenses by players against women.

This past week, Noles freshman quarterback DeAndre Johnson was kicked off the team after video surfaced of him savagely punching a woman and running off. That was followed a few days later by the arrest of five-star running back Dalvin Cook being arrested after he was accused of punching a woman in the face after she failed to humor his advances.

According to TMZ, the university has placed head coach Jimbo Fisher on notice following two of his players being arrested in a short amount of time for violent offenses against women.

This doesn’t come as a huge surprise, but it goes to show that the university is very aware of it’s image and no one is safe when it comes to salvaging that. Bobby Bowden was a legend at FSU and he was pushed out to save the image of the school, and Jimbo Fisher is no one compared to him.

Neither character is particularly sympathetic, but it’s now Fisher’s job to right the ship away from the football field as much as it is to return the Noles to the national championship in 2015.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Aww poor Jimbo

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Funny thing about that. They've got sources.

Think about this...when's the last time TMZ has been wrong on a sports story?

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/deandre-johnson-gma_55a4fe0ae4b0b8145f738397?

In an interview published Tuesday morning, recently dismissed Florida State quarterback De’Andre Johnson told "Good Morning America" that the alleged use of a racial slur by a woman at a bar didn’t justify his punching her.

“It doesn’t matter,” he told ABC’s Michael Strahan when asked about the use of the slur. “What matters is that I shouldn’t have raised my hand to her.”

A video released earlier this month showed Johnson allegedly punching a woman in the face at a bar on June 24. Johnson was shortly thereafter dismissed. His attorney said the woman hurled “racial epithets” at Johnson, which TMZ said included, “Get off me, you f****** n*****."

I totally should have walked away,” he said at another point in the interview. “I am ashamed of that. I’m sorry. I apologize to the lady in the incident, to her family, to my family, to my mother. I know I wasn’t raised that way.”

Johnson’s mother told Strahan that when she found out her son had punched a woman in the face, she cried for days. “I wanted to jump through the phone and ring his neck,” she added.

“What you saw in the video is not who I am,” Johnson said. “I would like to say to her that I am severely sorry. No words can describe this feeling."

A second Florida State football player, running back Dalvin Cook, is also facing charges for punching a woman outside a bar one day before Johnson. Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher has reportedly banned his players from going to bars.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Far from it...
    [​IMG]
    TALLAHASSEE DEMOCRAT

Florida State football 2015 spring game set for April 11

Fisher will get paid $225,000 in base salary over the course of the season every two weeks until 2022, and will be paid $4,775,000 in "additional compensation" for the 2015 season. The additional compensation total will increase by $100,000 every season until the end of the contract.

Fisher will also make $1.2 million if he stays at Florida State until the contract ends.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I didn't mean violence against women, specifically. Was speaking to culture of getting into trouble with the law in general. Didn't Saban clean house? Seems like I recalled him showing a bunch the gate during his first two years.