Florida wants tape of LSU fourth down play reviewed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by paducahmichael, Oct 11, 2007.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Re: Hester didn't pick up a first down at the UF 6-yard line

Sure, they should review it. When they do, they'll see #19 (Joiner) offsides to start the play.

2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

i looked at the play on YouTube. Looked like a good spot to me. Anyone have a clip showing that the spot was bad?

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Re: Hester didn't pick up a first down at the UF 6-yard line

From my perspective, they didn't get screwed. I recorded the game and the official marked the ball where Hester was tackled. Even if reviewed, there's not going to be conclusive evidence to show the ball should be marked an inch or 2 back.

I've know these guys were cry babies ever since Meyer shed tears at his post game press conf when we beat the hell outta Chris Leak in his first year. All of their actions since have re-inforced that. Its really negative reflection on their program that their such poor sports.

Cry me a river UF.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

There's not a coach alive who would take those points off the board in that situation; especially with a defense as good as ours.

5. burningitup

burningitup Founding Member

I just looked at this #19 for FL was over the LOS when the ball was snapped he just kept creeping closer and it looks like half of Hesters body was over the yellow first down line when his knee hit, looks to me it was not as close as it should have been that was easy a first down.

Since they want to have the SEC check this may be they should also check the first down FL got I think right before their last TD they converted a 3rd down where #7 looked like he was surely down behind the yellow line but the ref gave them a pretty good spot.

It was a good game I am sure we probably got some calls none that I can think of now, but I know FL got some for sure.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

there were blown calls both ways, but that wasn't one of them.

note to CUM.... man up!!!! take yer loss and quit sniveling.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

bunch of whiners

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Every team submits what they think are bad calls or no calls to the SEC officials after every game. It's to help the officials be more consistent and to help the SEC weed out substandard officials.

It don't mean squat to the game. The game is done.

9. HittinZX2

HittinZX2 Living to die laughing

It wasn't the best officiated game so I'm sure we'll have a tape of our own to submit.

It's hard to complain when there's instant replay and a play like that is reviewable. If they didn't challenge the play then they most have seen what the refs had at the time.

10. lsubye-ufan

lsubye-ufan Freshman

Let them send a tape to the SEC for review. Remember Auburn last year with the pass interfernce call, which was so obvious Mr. Magoo could have called it. But SEC stood by their officals and would not reverse the call.