Florida wants tape of LSU fourth down play reviewed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by paducahmichael, Oct 11, 2007.

1. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

Re: Hester didn't pick up a first down at the UF 6-yard line

:thumb:

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

They should have called for the review at the time. Urban Meyer even said the reason he didn't is because he didn't wanna get hit for the time out if it turned out to be a 1st down (which we all know it was).

Can't have it both ways... they need to get over themselves, grow up, and concentrate on their next game rather than focusing on the loss to us. It could end up costing them a 3rd game if they don't.

3. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Could they package that with the Auburn game tapes from last year? The officials seem to miss a lot of calls. I wonder how much officials make in the SEC? Are we not paying enough to attract top notch talent? I know the SEC makes plenty of money, maybe they should invest some more in officiating. You get what you pay for.

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I did something I rarely do, almost never actually, and visited a rival forum. I went to a gaytor forum this morning and was quickly reminded why I dont go to other forums. I guess I wear purple and gold glasses but I've never seen such whining and crying. They act like the kind of people who get a job and expect to be named president of the company after the first week. Just all out tittie babies I say.

This play is a big topic on their forum and they have a video showing the spot was wrong. Well, its funny because when I watched it I thought the spot was wrong too...in their favor! I think Hester got a crappy spot indeed because he ran further than the ref spotted the ball!

5. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

<---- Would have loved this scenario on review of 4th down:

Official, "After further review it was determined that #19 was offsides on the play. It's a five yard penalty against blue, first down"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6. gotigers39401

gotigers39401 Founding Member

Just read the Florida site...what a bunch of whinners:cry: :cry: ...it is a game,,Florida lost ,:helmet: won..move on!!:yelwink2:

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Exactly, I've looked at the high def replay paused it to look closely and the spot was dead on. Everyone I've talked to can't believe that it is Florida and not LSU complaining about the officiating. There were some bad calls both ways like in any game but florida came out waaaaaaay ahead.

8. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

That's OK. Nothing will be changed, except the "Sour Grapes" attitude will add fuel to the fire, if we meet them again in the SECCG. Just one more thing to stir up the Tigers.

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

It's very hard to see on YouTube and I don't care enough to look at it on GeauxZone, but...one could "see" (it was not conclusive at all) if you are a Gator Jacob Hester's knee maybe graze the grass before the ball crossed the 1st down line.

It was nowhere in the same universe as the calls that went Auburn's way in 2006, in terms of being questionable calls.

Not even close.

10. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

They are also crying about the spot on the third down play. Both spots looked good to me.