Florida WR Chad Jackson: "We'll go 12-0"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Mar 23, 2005.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I realize this is almost a month after the fact, but I have to reply to this.

You saw a grand total of 1 (count em, 1) LSU poster on this board making such outlandish predictions. He has since been, to use his favorite phrase D~I~S~S~E~D ~A~N~D~ D~I~S~M~I~S~S~E~D, and probably won't make another appearance since St. Nick is now gone. He lost all credibility before the AU game ;)

2. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

I agree, it is a good rule, but Jackson is going to be a junior next year.

3. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

yep, and still talks like a fresh!

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Maybe it's just me, but I think Urban Meyer is set up to have one of the most potent offenses in the nation--if only he had the talent. But, it's scary to see what a good coach can do with regular guys. I know a lot of you say that he won't be able to get acclimated to the SEC--I say bull**** to that. I know this is totally a bad analogy, but look what Hal Mumme did at SLU. If you have a coach that isn't afraid to leave anything out on the field, you may end up lucking up once in a while. I'd love to see what a coach like Meyer would do with OUR players... I guess when it comes down to the nitty-gritty details of a coach, I'd rather CLM just because I think he is a much more classy guy... I just think he'll be WAY too conservative with our offense. Oh well, at least it won't be as bad as it was with Saban. I'm not saying that UF will be contending for any certain crystal football this season, but I won't be surprised to see them in Atlanta.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I don't get the feeling that Miles will conservative at all, why would anyone think that? He is an innovative thinker that changed his philosophy to meet his talent at OSU and he had some very good offenses in the BIG 12 w/o near the talent levels he has here.

I believe Urban can be successful at UF with that offense, he'll figure out what works and what doesn't. He won't outsmart the coaches in the SEC quite as much as he did the ones out west and he'll be facing defenses that are much more stout on a weekly basis so I don't look for him to be putting the near same kind of points on the board.

6. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

He has plenty of talent. Although ZOOK's defense last year seem porous, UF does have some players on their team. B. Siler was a monster against FSU and will make everybody 4get about Crowder. Meyer said, "E. Everett was the best player he's ever saw". Dee Webb and K. Jackson aren't bad DBs. We'll just have to wait and see what he actually does w/ this talent; obviously Zook wasn't able to develop the talent & reap the benefits. Either that or those recruiting classes were flat out overrated. I thought Zook had multiple top 3 recruiting classes, apparently he only had one in 03. :yelwink2:

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Well I thought I remembered hearing that Miles wasn't going to do TOO much on offense. Just the same old stuff from Jimbo... not that it's a bad thing. I'd like to pass a little more than run, but that's just me. I've always loved "air raid" football.

8. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

creative (when it works) = lots of fun.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Miles has mentioned that he prefers a mixed offense with generally 50/50 running & throwing the ball. I think this makes us much more effective. Especially since we have so many weapons on both ends. However if a team has a specific weakness like at CB, I'd expect Miles & Jimbo to exploit that.

One things for sure, we won't be seeing any of that bland, repetitive offensive play calling we saw last year.