Flynn and Russell Redux

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger Paul, Sep 21, 2006.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I heard Tonya Harding isn't very busy these days.

Worthy of discussion but I'll leave the starting QB decision to the coaches who see them every day in practice etc.

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

2006 Season for Jamarcus Russell To-Date:
    46/72 1 Int 63.9% 718 yds 5 TD 58 (Long) 167.79 QB Rating

Proof's in the pudding.. JR is the man and there's no reason he shouldn't be where he is... I think that people tend to have the "grass is greener" syndrome with QB's around here for some reason. I doesn't hurt to say "what if?", but I've seen some folks around town as well as at the games being a bit more staunch than need be... Can be agrivating.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

The "grass is greener" syndrome is all over the place in college football.

4. Kkille1LSU

Kkille1LSU Founding Member

Jamarcus is gone after this year anyway, so all you nay sayers can bite your tongue for a few months, until he is gone leaving a legacy with him. Then you can all jump on the Flynn bandwagon together, holding hands, singing kum by f'in ya. With your spritzers in one hand and thumb up your nose, tellin everyone "It's About Time"

Give the kid a break, at least he doesn't have to hear this crap at practice, they all know he is suited for the job.

But, But, I would have like to see if Flynn or Perriloux could have outrun those defenders on Saturday.

5. sojon

sojon Founding Member

i think it would be foolish to rotate qb's. Stick with the guy that has earned the job.

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Although Flynn will see more playing time this year, his real chance to shine will come next year.

7. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Everyone is assuming JMarc leaves after this year. Matt Lienart stayed his Senior year and he had the no.1 pick basically a shoe-in. JMarc no doubt will be a great NFL QB but don't be so confident that he's gonna walk after this year. As it stands, I say 50/50. And no, Flynn shouldn't start. Not unless Russell is injuried. JMarc has already proven himself as far as playing in tight games go.

8. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

But I think with all this talk, as foolish as it may seem to some, of a QB battle, he might find it easier to just go pro, especially if he finishes the season pretty strong. Not sure, but just a guess. I see him leaving after this season.

9. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Flynn is a gamer ... and knows the LSU system better than JR ... more playbook saavy. Check Flynn's QB rating ... lol. Meyer would give his left testicle for Matt Flynn. Spurrier would give both testicles for Matt Flynn.
    He's just sitting on a sideline wasting away ...
    And you know what ... it doesn't matter

Coach OAF, et all ... hasn't got the mentality to allow LSU FB to:
    1. Utilize LSU talent, speed and the PASSING GAME effectively.
    2. Utilize Flynn (as a "spark" for JR) after Flynn watches the defensive tendencies during the previous set of downs. Simply, platoon them at a 2:1 series ration (JR to Flynn, Flynn every third series and make each of them sit with the headphones on watching the Defense)

We hang 50 on everybody for the rest of the year. When it's in the bag ... 35 points on the board ... ITS RP THE REST OF THE WAY. Develop this kid for 2008 & 2009 NOW. Not later, NOW!

3. When you have this much talent, it's a crime not to use it.
    4. Matt Flynn could have gone into that AU game and made a huge difference, especially when JR & CO & Coach Oaf's running game were stalled.

He's faster and playbook smarter than JR ... pure and simple. He doesn't give his targets away and he can burn a defense on a big run and run past those OL & most LBs

Reminds me of David Woodley ... sitting behind Ensmiger ... anyone remember Woodley, lol. Anyone remember Ensminger?

Didn't really matter ... Coach Mac never used either one of them effectively anyway.

Cholly Mac Ball
    1st down: RUN MAC RUN, SEE MAC RUN
    2nd down: RUN MAC RUN, SEE MAC RUN
    3rd down (Short): RUN MAC RUN, SEE MAC RUN
    3rd down (Long): Oh, goody a pass. Think they know it's coming

Less Smiles Ball
    Same as Cholly Mac ball ... Lather, rinse and repeat

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I can only take so much bullsh!t. This is one of the more stupid statements I've ever seen on an LSU board, and that is saying a lot.