Flynn and Russell Redux

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger Paul, Sep 21, 2006.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

No way. Maybe Jimbo has recruited him since sophomore year, but Miles wasn't even around then.

Even if he was though, recruiting loyalty shows no bound when it come time to play the right players. This is QB, not WR. You can throw some kids in to WR to get them some playing time, but at QB, you play whoever you think it going to put you in the best chance to win the ball game.

Like someone just said, Flynn looked flat out awful in the Capital One Bowl so there was no reason to even think about starting him the next year unless he had a much better spring than Jamarcus, which he didn't. This year he came off of a great bowl game, but Jamarcus came out a good season. A good season trumps one great performance any day....

2. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

Are we really debating whether a winning QB should be replaced? Have we reached that point when a player has a 15-3 record we talk about how we need to bring the backup in? My favorite part of the rant is all the statements of how JR barely WON here and barely WON there.

In the words of Susan Powter ... "Stop the Insanity!"

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I have to agree with Tiger Paul here. As a leader of this team, JR should have inserted himself defensively to stop the opponents from scoring and making those games so close.

Congratulations TP. It only took you 1 post to demonstrate how stupid you are. A lot of posters take 3 or 4.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

This puts him in Ramah terroritory as one of the few "elite" that start off the bat with idiocy.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Exalted company, indeed.:thumb:

6. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

C'mon guys he has a valid point. Matt Flynn is much better at pass coverage than Russell. Flynn would've batted away the ball from the Iowa reciever. I didn't see Russell doing anything to cover him.

7. barry6124

barry6124 Founding Member

That is the most ridiculous thing i have ever read. Some of you guys are stupid. Football Stupid.

8. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

In the words of Cowboy Mouth "Let it go, let it go, let it go...":dis:

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

my original post specified jimbo.

the kid was simply hurt last year and it came out after the fact. the reason why everyone wants flynn is due to the abysmal offensive performance pre-peach bowl. nobody denies the spring performance discrepancies of the two quarterbacks.

it stands to reason that if the coaches made a dumb decision in keeping a hurt quarterback in for almost the entire year, there might be more than just "best chance to win" involved. jmo.

10. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Post edited to make the sarcasm more obvious.