Flynn and Russell Redux

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger Paul, Sep 21, 2006.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Uhh, he's 16-3 as a starter and TP didn't say a word about race. It doesn't matter what color the players are, there is always somebody that thinks the backup should be playing.

Usually the racist is the first person who brings the race matter up. That means you.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I actually felt semi-confident that LSU would go down and score @ the end of the game to win it last week. I felt that way because JR has done such things again and again. I wish folks would give the guy some credit.

3. xkp86548

xkp86548 Freshman

Tubberville says Irons & Cox will not play this week. Good move. Jim Haslett stuck with Brooks and cost him his job. Coaches become hard deaded. Same could happen to Les & Jimbo. How can you justify MF there for 4 years and getting 2 handoffs against Arizona. JR still in the game with 38-0 lead. Personally I feel Les fears MF will perform great, proving him wrong and have to play MF the rest of the way:helmet:

4. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

Since Flynn did not play last week vs.Auburn, we have no idea how he would have fared against their defense. That isn't fair to JR or MF. As for Stat's, thye don't tell the entire story of a player. You can't put statistics to the "winner factor". Flynn did what no one thought he would do, in disecting Miami, who I personally think used alot of smoke and mirrors to get where they did last year and LSU exposed them and whipped them !! I am not sure that one game can put someone in that category, but he sure did a hell of a good job in the foundation of his "winner" status".

In 2 years as a starter JR and the defense had us in every loss till they very end, aside from the SECCG last year. In my eyes JR is a winner. He always seems in control and command. I will trust the coaching staff to make the best assesment on who should be QB. Trust in Les.
    :geauxtige :geauxtige
    :geauxtige :geauxtige

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

That's crazy. Les Miles wants LSU to win. Period. We have a clear starter and a very able back-up, with another guy in waiting in the wings for his shot. Most teams would envy us. We, on the other hand, try to create drama and controversy where there is none.

I think Flynn had at least two series, not handoffs, against Arizona. RP was the guy who ended up on the short end of mop up detail in that one.